Scrum MasterBankingHybrid: 2 days per week onsite in London6 months£500 - £550 per dayJob Summary.
The bank is seeking an experienced, hardworking and inspiring Scrum Master. This is a fantastic opportunity in an exciting area of the bank which will give you direct exposure with teams across the Group.
We're a dynamic lab with agile at the heart of everything we do.
Confident, highly motivated with a passion for working with people, the Scrum Master role is responsible for supporting the feature team to deliver their best work, improving facilitation of change and managing the prioritisation of the backlog.As a Scrum Master you'll operate collaboratively, be a change pioneer with a passion for working to help people and teams deliver their best work. You'll improve facilitation of change, using your broad understanding and application of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum and Kanban.You'll facilitate and help the team to become self-organised and focused on delivering the outcome for the customer. Working with the Team Product Owner to support the prioritisation of the backlog, you'll train and mentor to help maximise the value created by the team.Job Description:
Your role would involve acting as a Scrum Master for a team within the PC&D lab acting as facilitator of scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, stand ups, retrospectives) and ensuring goals are clearly understood.
You would support the Sprint cycle for your scrum team and implement empirical processes to provide transparency on the team performance.
This is a unique position and requires close collaboration with the team Product Owner, team Engineering Lead, Developers, QEs, and BAs to ensure the team is focused on the right things at the right time.
You'll be required to align to the bank's ways of working whilst helping the team to continuously improve the effectiveness of their incremental delivery of value to customers & stakeholders.
You'll be required to:
What are we looking for?
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team, to ensure a healthy prioritised product backlog
- Coach and facilitate the team in self-organisation and cross-functionality - delivering agile training and coaching in line with agreed outcomes
- Remove impediments to the team's progress
- Drive capability uplift in teams against strategic capabilities
- Gain a thorough understanding of the application of agile risk management in the bank through experience of it or similar applications
- Support the delivery of the Programme/Lab objectives and key results
- Scrum Master with demonstrable skills and confirmed capability of agile application and scrum techniques
- A continuous improvement attitude with a dedication to finding new ways-of working and empowering teams to tackle challenge
- Innovative and courageous approach with the ability to brainstorm with team members on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- Experience influencing behaviour cross-team and cross-discipline without having formal organisational hierarchy
- Experience of creating a great team environment that attracts and retains talent.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and experience working with the Transformation Principles and Practices (TP&Ps)
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Frameworks (such as the Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SaFE) and has practical experience of working in Agile environments.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.