We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
To assess, evaluate and ensure security for loan advances is effective for both Personal and Commercial Finance.
To give guidance to colleagues from a security perspective on all internal secured loan applications received and external where advice is sought, to the satisfactory registration of the same for both Commercial and Personal Finance to include charge removal following redemption.Job Description
- To report on property title/s suitability offered as security for loans.
- To advise underwriters brokers and internal colleagues as necessary and respond efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing to queries.
- To prepare reports and review documentation and take all necessary steps to facilitate the completion of secured loan applications and internal registrations and to assist monitoring external registration including requisition responses, reporting, and corresponding with third parties thereon to ensure registration in line with company expectations making necessary system record entries, through to the discharge of the same as necessary.
- To effectively manage personal Land Registry account/s and to operate within agreed group KPI and SLA.
- To provide ongoing support to colleagues in group departments in relation to security related matters for live and settled accounts.
- Other matters relevant to department processes as instructed.
- Thorough knowledge of property law and related Land Registry practice and procedure.
- Paralegal experience or mortgages/property experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems including Excel, CRM and Word
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- The ability to assess complex information quickly.
- Problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Previous security experience from within a Property/Legal Department and or financially related business
- Good telephone manner
- Educated to GCSE grade C minimum (or business equivalent) to include Maths and English
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday plus your Birthday, entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.