Paralegal (Leaseholds)To £25k Our ref KL/BRG/860Location: Guildford
An exciting new role has arrisen for an experienced Paralegal
in our clients Leasehold
Conveyancing department based in Guildford.
This is a fee earning role where you will be supporting the team on various day to day tasks including; Preparing contract packs, dealing with post registration, licenses to assign and transfers of equity. You could also be assisting with work from the Private Client team on transfer of property to beneficiaries, mortgages and sales and purchases.
This role would suit someone with experience working ideally in a Leasehold property team, who is looking to build on their knowledge and really progress within a reputable and friendly team. This team work with some really interesting clients and property which will give you some great exposure, and the opportunity to get stuck in!
Why should you apply?
Are you an enthusiastic and eager to learn Paralegal with Leasehold experience looking to work for a newly merged firm carving out a new way of working within the Legal sector? What this role will provide you with is the opportunity to work with a brilliant team who are expanding and want to support and train you. With the prospect of progressing your skills and career and eventually to run with as much responsibility as you want to take on.
- Record time in accordance with the firm's time recording policy.
- To prepare correspondence, documents and enclosures for despatch using the practice management system as applicable, at all times adhering to the laid down policies and procedures.
- To prepare draft contract documentation, submit searches, prepare other documentation, assist fee earners with enquiries, deal with exchange and completion formalities.
- To prepare financial statements for clients.
- To administer files to include opening, closing, storage and retrieval in accordance with the laid down with department file management procedures.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book rooms for clients.,
- To undertake overflow secretarial work for other secretaries in the Department or elsewhere.
- To maintain up to date knowledge through relevant publications and updates, and
- undertake any specific training to improve or enhance skill base as requested.
- To develop and improve internal knowledge management systems as appropriate to
- increase productivity and improve client service.
- To promote the vision of the firm and its values when dealing with clients.
- To provide a high quality, professional service to clients and staff in person or on the phone by responding in a prompt, diplomatic and appropriate manner to their needs and/or requests.
- To keep all current files 100% accurately up to date.
- To support the business development activities of the Department.
- To accurately maintain and update data in the practice management system relating to client and contact information and marketing activity and preferences.
- To proactively assist as requested with Departmental marketing and networking events.
- To communicate at all times in a clear, polite and calm manner to clients, work colleagues and others and respect their views and the contribution they make.
- To ensure that standards of quality and the reputation of the firm are maintained at all times.
- To support the effectiveness of the team by being positive and co-operative with all team members particularly the support staff.
- To demonstrate commitment to the role through excellent punctuality, timekeeping and attendance.
- To demonstrate ability to time manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- To take initiative for self-development and accept changes and new challenges required to meet individual and Departmental objectives.
- To adhere to the HR policies and procedures.
Benefits includes providing the best training, great pay and rewards and more control over work life balance through flexible working patterns.
28 days annual leave, private medical insurance, income protection, life assurance and a generous pension scheme. For most of our clients roles they are also offering a hybrid or flexible way of working.You must have Leasehold experinece to be considered for this role.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO KEITH LAKER AT BROWNS RECRUITMENT GROUP AS DIRECTED.