An exciting opportunity has arisen for a mid-level secretary/admin assistant to join a boutique, highly regarded Litigation firm in the City.
- providing administrative and clerical support to the lawyers;
- limited audio and copy typing including amending documents, letters and emails, ensuring house styles are adhered to and work is professionally presented;
- diary management and preparing travel itineraries;
- answering the phone & dealing with client enquiries;
- typing of correspondence, reports, legal documentation;
- dealing with incoming and outgoing post, faxes, couriers and emails;
- photocopying, scanning and printing as required;
- preparing bundles and occasional outdoor clerking duties;
- to undertake any ad hoc administrative & secretarial tasks across the firm as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have
- at least 2 years' previous experience of working as a secretary or admin assistant in a legal or professional services firm (preferably legal);
- experience of working in a busy environment supporting a variety of staff;
- experience of typing large documents, familiar with legal terminology and digital dictation;
- good IT skills and be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- the Ilex Legal Secretarial Certificate/Diploma if possible;
- possess the ability to work to tight deadlines in a client-focussed environment;
- strong communication skills;
- a highly organised client-orientated approach to work;
- excellent attention to detail, a proactive & motivated approach to work ;
- possess initiative with an enthusiastic nature.
The salary will be competitive and will include pension contributions and additional benefits such as season ticket loans (benefits to begin after completing probation period).