Guidant Global is working with the UK's trusted Ministry of Defence partner, MBDA, who seeks a skilled Senior Configuration Engineer to act as a focal point for CM support to project and functional stakeholders based at the Stevenage site.
As a Senior Configuration Engineer, the successful candidate will Investigate and Implement Engineering Change Management against product definitions.What you'll get to do as a Senior Configuration Engineer:
What we're looking for:
- Application of Configuration Management principles and processes for one or more projects.
- Interpreting technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies.
- Management of access and technical signatories for product design data.
- Preparing and handling Configuration Management documentation used to provide governance and control of project activities.
- Review and Implement engineering design changes, collaborating across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
- Supporting regular Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and ad hoc meetings
- Schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, and take and publish minutes.
- Support technical audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout our supply chain.
- Schedule diary, generate agendas and reports, chase non-conformities, and update the audit tracker.
More about the role:
- Background knowledge in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
- Proven experience working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc., with practical experience including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail
MBDA's relationship with the UK military spans back over 70 years. They have delivered countless landmarks in defence engineering, supplying vital defence capability to meet the needs of the armed forces over land, sea, and air.
This role is based at MBDA's headquarters in Stevenage which plays a key part in missiles operations. The site also offers excellent transportation links and boasts an onsite gym and coffee shop. Training and development are offered to all employees.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.