Care Manager - Bristol Court Extra Care Housing TW14 9AGSalary: £28,000 to £29,300 pro rata
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the UKs leading provider of community-based home and reablement services as a Care Manager.
The role of the Care Manager is to support the Branch and Registered Branch Manager in the effective running of services. You will be responsible for the first line supervision of office staff and deputise for the branch manager in their absence.
You will support the branch across all functions including: Rosters and care coordination, care in the community, compliance, audit, payroll, complaints and reports.
The main duties will be:
- Responsible for safe and legal delivery of service
- Upholding brand values in service delivery
- Implementing London Care policies and procedures
- Managing Co-ordinator and Supervisor alongside the Registered Care Manager
- All aspects of training care staff alongside the Registered Care Manager
- Organising and delivering Care Worker Induction Training alongside the Registered Care Manager
- Organising regular staff meetings alongside Registered Care manager and supervisors
- Ensuring full compliance throughout the business
- Responsible for the legal and ethical running of the day-to-day business.
- Understand and work within regulator legislation, standards and regulations
- Keep full and accurate records in accordance with legal requirements
- Undertaking and monitoring of all appropriate assessments relating to new and old customers
- To undertake/facilitate reviews of customers' needs/requirements in accordance with guidelines
- Liaise with other health professionals as appropriate
- Planning and implementing supervisions and appraisals in accordance with guidelines alongside Registered Care Manager
- To deliver/facilitate all necessary development requirements in accordance with the needs of the service
- To understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
- Ultimate responsibility for all staff alongside the Registered Care Manager
- To ensure implementation, execution and management of quality control systems including stocks of uniforms, PPE and other office stationery.
- Implementation and management of complaints procedure alongside the Registered Care Manager
- Implementation of performance management protocols where necessary
- Take on-call duties as part of a team on a rota basis. Display flexibility with team members
- Ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties. Auditing various records
- Be available to all emergencies
- Car Owner & Driver - this is essential
- Flexible & reliable
- Excellent comminicator
- Care Management or care experience in an community setting
- QCF in Health & Social Care an advantage
This is a part-time (22.5 hours per week), permanent position, with a fantastic company who promote within and encourage their staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support will be provided.
London Care is an equal opportunities employer and part of the City and County Healthcare Group.