Fund Accountant - Real Estate Debt - OUR CLIENT is a renowned, established real estate investment management business with a growing £multi-billion AUM Real Estate portfolio under management. They operate worldwide within public and private investments and have instructed us to help them hire an experienced Fund Accountant to take responsibility for all aspects of financial and management reporting for a growing portfolio of Private Debt investments and provide operational support to the Fixed Income and Asset Based Lending investment teams.THE ROLE
: You will use judgement and experience in dealing with a broad range of issues and ensure that all accounting and reporting is completed accurately and within deadlines. The main responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and reviewing all aspects of the work of external administrators daily.
- Monitoring progress on key deliverables and assess this progress against KPI's.
- Communicating regularly with the front office investment teams on finance and operational matters in relation to the funds under management.
- Working with the administrator and checking all financial and management reporting for the Private Debt strategies including monthly and quarterly NAVs, management accounts, performance analysis and investor reports.
- Coordinating the annual audit process for the entities including liaising with auditors, ensuring that timetables are adhered to, and that all work produced is accurate.
- Providing information and explanations to external and internal auditors.
- Managing all reporting timelines including filing deadlines for the debt funds and all companies in the structure, ensuring awareness of the status of all these at all times and that all deadlines are met.
- Checking and coordinating drawdowns and distributions from/ to the investors.
- Complying with the company's policies and procedures and complete monthly and quarterly reviews and related checklists.
- Working closely with the Client Relations team and assisting with investor queries, RFPs, due diligence and ad-hoc requests.
- Adhering to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
: To apply for the role, you must be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACA, CIMA or Equivalent)with prior exposure to debt, real estate or other alternative investments being strongly preferred.
You MUST be a confident Excel user and be able to manipulate and analyze financial information. You are expected to be able to demonstrate co-ordination and management of relevant stakeholders internal and external to the business and understanding of key legal and company secretarial elements of the investment process. Also, you should have strong accounting acumen and be an effective and diplomatic communicator and problem solver. If you are able to fulfil the above duties and, in addition, you are accurate, methodical and self-disciplined, able to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities, this could be an exciting opportunity to join well established business where over time there will be opportunities for your career growth and to assume greater responsibility within the team.