Overview - Finance Director
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proudly working in partnership with a high growth business based in Sutton Coldfield. A highly specialist distributor focused on supply and fit of appliances to the new build sector.
With a recently acquired entity, a number of new contracts and a great opportunity to branch into a new and thriving market. It is genuinely an exciting time to be joining this business as a key part of the senior management team.Role
For this Finance Director position we are seeking to hire a high caliber, ambitious and commercially orientated finance leader to support, develop and execute the businesses strategy. Over the last 3 years the business has successfully upgraded all core IT systems and reporting systems, creating excellent business management and insight; as such the role holder can expect to be strategically focused on driving sustainable business improvement.
The role will report to the Managing Director and lead the Finance function, as well as the outsourced IT Function. They will need to interface regularly with Shareholders and Non Executive Directors who comprise the Board of Directors alongside the MD. It is the Board's expectation that the role holder will fully own and ensure absolute compliance with audit requirements, HMRC / tax requirements, credit insurance management, completion and submission of statutory accounts & banking relationships.
The business is B2B and operates in contractual frameworks with its customers. The role holder will provide commercial decision support, bid management and assess risk in new commercial opportunities. As such they must be highly literate in MS Excel and have an ability to create models to assess the financial returns on novel commercial opportunities.Key Duties - Finance Director
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Lead the Group Finance function including accounts payable & accounts receivable.
- Oversee the IT development plan, which includes digitization of the delivery note process.
- Produce monthly management accounts and prepare annual statutory accounts for all 3 companies.
- Create the financial pack for Board Meetings and lead the Board's understanding of the financial performance of the business.
- Own all key statutory and fiduciary governance processes. Support the Managing Director in the business's external relationship with its auditors, insurers and banks.
- Maintain, develop and own the businesses risk register.
- Oversee Supplier commercials terms including purchase rebate schemes and processes and assure they are optimised at all times.
- Lead commercial decision support across the Group, specifically in relation to assessing investment opportunities & modelling bids.
- Support the Managing Director in iterative and annual business planning.
- Create and provide monthly management information & KPIs including key financial information (management accounts, sales, profit and cash flow forecasts). Advise and lead the Boards insight as to the financial and operational performance of the business.
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA or CIMA
- Very high literacy with MS Excel
- Able to build financial models
- Currently working in a senior finance position either as a Financial Controller or similar.
- Previous exposure to or ownership of relationships with external advisors & authorities such as banks, auditors, HMRC
- Previous functional ownership of management accounts, purchase ledger, sales ledger & commercial decision support.