Applications Support Analyst
*On site role* *Local Council* *Drivers licence and own vehicle essential*
* Assist the team to provide an efficient and reliable IT operation to support service delivery to key corporate business and directorate applications across the Council.
* Investigate and analyse IT operational under performance and the root cause and ensure recommendations are evaluated and implemented.
* Ensure the safe and reliable running of all ICT systems, in order to maintain consistent high quality data network including WIFI.
* Troubleshoot problems and offer appropriate advice to users, ensuring any unresolved issues are reported to the manager
* Visit various sites within the Harrow Borough to troubleshoot and investigate IT related issues
* Provide support with specific projects and on-going projects across the management team including User Support, Platform and Cyber Security.
* Develop effective working relationships internally with senior leaders, managers, and an external network of ICT service providers.
* Maintain continuous professional development to enable contribution to the strategic development of the ICT services.
* Work in collaboration with ICT colleagues to support the achievement of the ICT agenda.
* Undertake other reasonable duties consistent with the grade and level of the post.
* Investigate and support the implementation of network services across the Council
* Look into and maintain network services, routers, switches and perimeter devices
* Support of client to site VPN for remote workers & site to site VPN's
* Work with vendors and other staff to diagnose faults and problems and carry out remedial action, including repair of services, liaison with suppliers and their technical teams to ensure an effective and consistent service.
* Perform advanced diagnostic procedures on hardware, peripherals and applications as required
Key Skills and Experience:
1. Sound experience of delivering a quality, proactive and customer-focussed administration service preferably in an ICT environment
2. Knowledge, awareness and understanding of the public sector, including understanding the key drivers for change
3. Experience of using different IT systems and databases & support of Active Directory
4. Experience of trouble shooting network related issues including VPN technology
5. Drivers Licence and own vehicle