This high performing Warwickshire school is looking for an Attendance Officer to join the team from September 2022.Attendance OfficerAlcester, Warwick, B49 6QQFull Time, Term Time (39 weeks including 5 Teacher Training days)Salary £16,799 - £18, 547 pro rata (FTE £20,043 - £22,129)To start September 2022Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Our client is a highly successful 11-16 school located between Studley and Stratford-upon-Avon. The school has an excellent reputation based on examination results, a progressive approach to educational development and a strong sense of community.
The school requires an experienced Attendance/Administration Officer
to join the team.
This is a full-time, term time only post working 39 weeks per year (including 5 teacher training days)About the Role
To provide a support which improves outcomes for families and young people by alleviating barriers to learning relating to attendance. To provide admin support for the academy behaviour system.
- Contribute to raising achievement by improving school attendance.
- Monitor and ensure availability of tutor registers.
- Ensure attendance data is collected accurately.
- Operate a first day phone service to track absence.
- Support the Assistant Head teacher with the management of students with specific reference to attendance.
- Engage with vulnerable students and families in order to formulate a package of support to improve attendance.
- Liaise and engage with persistent absentees to try to re-integrate them back into the academy and, when necessary, make home visits to support re-integration.
- Liaise professionally and make referrals to external agencies.
- Set up and organise attendance and late panels.
- Produce reports on attendance.
- Track attendance and identify patterns of absences and implement structures to improve attendance.
- To input behaviour referrals and detentions into SIMS and to produce reports from SIMS when required.
- Produce weekly details of behaviour referrals.
- Ensure information is forwarded to the Safeguarding and Child Protection Lead.
The school expects staff to uphold public trust in the teaching profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school, by:
- Treating students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to the professional position held
- Having regard for the need to safeguard students' wellbeing, in accordance with statutory provisions
- Showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
- Not undermining fundamental British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways which exploit students' vulnerability or might lead them to break the law
Closing date for applications: 8 July 2022 at 12.00noon.
Interviews w/c 11 July 2022How to apply for the Attendance Officer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this teaching position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information, including an application form. It is essential that you complete the application form and send this to the school to ensure you are considered.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Please note that this school is committed to safeguarding, equality of opportunity, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Other suitable skills and experience includes School Support Roles, Services Officer, Support Officer, Welfare Officer, Attendance and Welfare Officer, Student Services Officer, Attendance Improvement, School, Education, Admin, Administration, Attendance