Social Media Marketing Manager
Contract role until June 2023
Salary up to £48,000pa
This role will be working remotely with travel to London/Reading offices 1-2 times per week
This company is one of the world's most successful technology brands and this is an incredible opportunity to work for them on a contract basis for 12 months as their Social Media Marketing Manager.
We are looking for a passionate Social Media specialist to join the Central Marketing Team, The Social Media Marketing Manager will work within the Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing department.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will focus on these core areas:
1. Social Marketing Planning and Content
Social media campaign creative planning and briefing to Social Media Agency based on social strategy & content topic amplification plan.
Review all social media assets before publication.
Monitoring all strategy activity on assigned projects and communicating the status of each project to core stakeholders.
Presenting content and social media strategy deliverables.
Ad hoc development and execution of creative assets.
2. Agency Management
Partnering day to day with the agency to ensure campaign and community engagement deliverables are met - including project management, status management and developing agency relationships.
Writing and developing social media briefs for the agency.
Setting expectations and clear requirements for the agency to meet and exceed.
Ensuring the agency is meeting deadlines within budget.
Working with the social media and paid agency to analyse performance, translate data into recommendations and insights to evolve strategy, reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns back to the business stakeholders and any campaign optimsations.
Championing social media tools and internal platforms and ensuing adoption for higher productivity working.
Leading the content strategy and approach.
Social channels the role will primarily manage include Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
What's included in the role...
• Developing social media owned and paid boosting plans in response to campaign and event briefs
• Defining the role of social in campaigns, and establishing the social platform and channel mix
• Leading the social planning to extend the reach & impact beyond F2F including events
• Briefing in the social media creative and paid agency to deliver against the social media strategies and plans
• Creating briefs with the assets available (local and global) and identifying gaps for new social content
• Briefing and evaluating social listening reports to mine insight and inform social media strategy
• Setting SMART social media objectives with goal setting and KPIs
• Owning the Social Media comms calendar for our audiences
• Approving social media content via Opal
• Ensuring the end to end customer journey is tracked for comprehensive reporting
• Leading key CCSM meetings, campaign status meetings and sharing back with the business on the social media plans and progress
• Participate in subsidiary storytelling/editorial governance meetings and take a lead on social comms calendar
• Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team.
Skills and experience required:
The ideal candidate will have a strong Social Media background at a strategic level and you MUST have experience of working with Global Brands
Strong experience working with Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook
Background & experience in B2C / Consumer and/or Retail marketing. Experience with brand based marketing (ideally Brand Management or agency).
We will look at candidates who have previously worked as a Manager/Director for a Media Agency
You need to be Customer Obsessed - Obsessed with delivering a compelling customer experience through relevant and connected sales and marketing customer engagement. A strong knowledge and understanding of cloud solutions and how they solve customer requirements
Paid Media - experience in how paid social is bought and measured
Digital Marketing - passion for digital marketing and the opportunities it can present for the business, our partners and our clients customers
Analytics - the desire to put insight at the heart of everything and educate the wider marketing community
Personal attributes - strong communication skills, stakeholder management, fresh thinker, creative, self-starter