Data Architect Lead - Team Management
Data & Analytics - GCP
This is a UK fully remote role, offering a base salary of circa £(Apply online only)K + excellent benefits. This role offers a huge level of flexibility with fully funded certifications on the Google path.
In this role we are looking for someone who has worked on migration projects into the cloud, building big data solutions and designing large-scale data processing systems, acting as a true consultant. You will partner with customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyse, explore and visualise data on Public Cloud platforms.
You will also be managing and taking responsibility for the development of team members encompassing data architects, data engineers and data scientists
You will be working with one of Google's largest Tier 1 Partners. They deliver leading-edge cloud services to some incredible brands, across all sectors.
You will be exposed to some of the most exciting Cloud transformation projects utilising Google Cloud (GCP).
Day to Day
There is no 'typical day' - so you'll get involved in a wide range of activities (more production than POC) but here is what to expect:
* Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of cloud data platform solutions, data storage, movement and orchestration solutions utilising GCP
* Design and execute a platform modernisation approach for customers' data environments
* Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
* Collaborate and share best practices/insights with engineering colleagues and the architect community
What we are looking for
* Ability to lead & coach a team of Data Architects, Data Engineers and Data Scientists
* Google Cloud Platform (GCP) OR AWS migration experience
* Able to consult on various technologies around databases, data warehousing and big data eg BigQuery, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Hadoop.
* Articulate communication skills to explain complex solutions to external or internal customers in a clear and concise manner, aligned with the ability to adjust style to a varied audience within an organisation.
* Exposure to data science modelling, analytics & BI reporting (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, DataStudio).
* History of working with Data warehouse solutions (on-premise & Public Cloud).
* Good experience of SQL on relational & non-relational database (RedShift, BigQuery, MySQL, etc).
* Analytical and design skills around the full end-to-end ETL life cycle of data pipelines in large enterprise settings
* Practical experience of data curation, cleansing, creation and maintenance of data sets for business purposes