We are delighted to be working closely with one of the leading healthcare providers in the UK. I'm looking to appoint a Clinical Lead (RGN/RMN) for their fully compliant nursing home local to Stockport.
Our client is looking for qualified candidates who will be an asset to their nursing team and promote an atmosphere which enables residents to live as independently as possible.
Clinical Lead (RGN or RMN)
Days (flexibility is required)
Salary £47.4k (based on 40 hours per week)
My client is a leading, independent boutique group of residential, nursing & dementia care homes. They are immensely proud to provide the highest standard of resident care by teams who simply are the best.
Their values of heart, trust, creativity, happiness and family drive their teams to be the best that they can be every day.
Their teams help residents to carry on living fulfilling lives whilst providing them with engaging settings to socialise, dine and enjoy their favourite activities.
Staff enable residents and their families to feel comfortable from the very moment they join the company.
That's what sets my client apart from others - it isn't just a place to stay; it's a place to call home.
The Clinical Lead is responsible for ensuring a high level of clinical care and governance is provided to residents, meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements and leading the clinical team, providing strong clinical knowledge, leadership and management to ensure the highest standards are achieved in all areas of the home including relationship centered care, clinical care and dementia care.
• Reporting to the Care Home Manager, assist in managing the delivery of a quality and comprehensive care, nursing and dementia services.
• Lead the nursing and care team, through supernumerary and practice hours.
• Be a highly performing role model and an inspiring leader by adopting and leading a culture that endorses the company's values and ethos.
• Act as Clinical Lead for the Home.
• Oversee all aspects of the Home in the absence of the Care Home Manager in partnership with the Service Support Manager-Advise the Home Manager and the Service Support Manager on clinical care matters.
• Lead on clinical governance, reporting and assisting with quality of the home
• Maintain effective communication and adhere to company policies
• In conjunction with Services Support Manager, take lead role undertaking audits and generating and implementing action plans in line with annual governance program
• Valid NMC PIN
• 2 years' Senior Nurse/Clinical Lead/Deputy Manager experience
• Update DBS check / willing to undergo a DBS check
• Experience of taking accountability for completing person centred care plans accurately and clearly
• Working to the standards set by the Regulators and by external bodies
• Experience of proactively conducting and managing Residents' reviews taking account of the Resident or their Representatives' needs and wishes
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
• Annual NMC registration costs covered
• Clinical training support and development
• Development opportunities
• 5.6 weeks annual leave
• Fully funded training
• SimplyHealth cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
• PerkBox a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
• Car through salary sacrifice
• Cycle to Work scheme
• NEST pension plan
• Nurse referral scheme
• Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
For more information please contact George Wales from The Healthcare Hub