Simpson Judge Ltd have been retained find a Finance Director for an impressive SME business.Overall purpose:
This strategic role will place you at the heart of decision making at board level looking after an impressive £40m+ organization with a track record of 26% annual growth and with plans for Internal Expansion into mainland Europe, Canada and the USA. Are you a big picture financial leader? Can you help us put the strategic financial steps in place to continue or accelerate our growth? Can you see the big picture while ensuring your team move things forward today? Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Leading the finance team, you will be an exceptional leader and coach alongside a strong technical background. You will have the ability to think quickly and react at pace commercially to the peaks and troughs of the business world. You will contribute to the attainment of the company's business objectives by, providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that all the company's financial commitments are met. Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business, while enabling the Board and Unit Managers to grasps commercial opportunities and see ways to enhance overall business performance.Top three goals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To have guided the business through a high growth phase by competently overseeing budgeting, forecasting and cashflow management thereby increasing cash reserves
- To help shape the company's business model, increasing profitability and sustainability through applying your experience from the wider business world and your leadership skills to challenge and enhance the commercial edge of the senior management team.
- The Finance Team will be stabilised and developed such that they consistently deliver great results across all their responsibilities through efficient, effective, integrated, and scalable systems. Balancing harmony and motivation in the team with accountability.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Providing recommendations to the Managing Director, members of the Board and the Business Unit Managers
- To challenge and contribute constructively to Board decision making, using the skills and experience they possess and those generally expected of a Director with a specialty in finance, including assisting the executive team on long-term financial and business planning
- Developing financial model options and data analytics as part of strategic planning factoring in competitive and marketplace analysis
- To ensure the accuracy and completeness of the company's financial statements, predictions, cashflow, and budgets along with insuring full compliance with all laws and regulations in all jurisdictions in which we do business.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external partners, stakeholders, and investors
- Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by monitoring performance and providing advice and guidance on financial strategy in a constructive and fact-based manner to the Board and all Unit Managers
- Assist with and help lead Global expansion opportunities
- Lead the finance team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop, audit, and maintain all necessary systems, budgets, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations
- A full Monthly and Annual Finance Service supplied, accurately and on time to each Departmental Manager and the Board
- Debtor days improving with the minimum of applications challenged
- Finance team engagement high with high internal and external NPS scores
- Business related degree essential. MBA preferred
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) preferred, or equivalent
- Full UK Driving License; preferably clean
- Five years of proven progressive experience at FD with an organisation of a similar or larger size, construction industry preferred while not required
- Superb mentoring and management experience
- Familiar with accounting practices in the UK, EU and North America is ideal
- Evidence of initiating and implementing change and growth plans based on data analysis
- Experience in Information Systems oversight, IT Change Programmes and Process Improvement
- A confident business and people leader with a growth mindset
- Naturally a quick thinking, commercially astute, pragmatic realist
- The ability to develop and execute the strategies and solutions to achieve a vision
- Excellent financial forecasting skills
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and teamwork skills
- Superb mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Exceptional listening and questioning skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with solid attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office and BI skills
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear straight forward manner
- Consistent, calm and a natural collaborator