This role covers all companies trading under Global Travel Collection UK Ltd, the candidate will be working primarily on Accounts Payable functions including maintaining the aged creditors, ensuring that all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner, support and lead the members of the AP team and ensuring that we are adhering to company policies.
The candidate will also be expected to support the finance department and Senior Finance Manager where needed with all routine clerical and accounting tasks.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of purchase invoices, ensuring they adhere to company policy and follow approval process.
- Process payment runs and ensure all supporting documents and approvals are attached
- Posting daily payments to accounting systems and completing monthly payment reconciliations between systems
- Reconciling and posting Company and IC credit cards including, Barclaycard, Virtual Cards and AMEX cards
- Monitoring and clearing of accounts payable inbox and ensuring all emails have been dealt with daily
- Ability to organize, train, support and develop team members
- Support and drive any process or system changes that are implemented for the improvement of AP
- Assist with preparing the Agent Commission Statements monthly including reviews, amendments and sending out to the IC's
- Managing the Aged Creditors in line with company policy
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements.
- Required to have a logical mind and an ability to work well with numbers.
- Ideally have experience in a supervisory role or a strong AP background
Other skills needed for the job include:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records
- Computer literacy and the ability to use various specialist applications
- Strong Excel processing skills
- An organized and methodical approach to working
- The ability to concentrate on one task for long periods of time
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A polite cheerful attitude, particularly when meeting clients
- An honest and discreet attitude when dealing with company accounts
- A willingness to undertake professional development
- The ability to work to deadline
- The ability to balance many conflicting demands
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to (often complex) in-house systems