Are you an ambitious Financial Reporting Manager looking to step up into a Director level role?
Following a successful IPO last year, we're partnering with a London based Retailer on a search for a Director of Finance. With sales at £45m and an EBITDA of £4.5m; this brand are now forecasting 30-60% across different international markets (90% Ecomm, 10% Stores), and are now preparing for life as a larger, listed, retailer.
In this newly created role, you will be shaping your team to be fit for the future. The role will be one of two Finance Directors reporting to the CFO and will primarily be responsible for the leadership of the Statutory Finance function.
You will be a top-in-industry finance professional with experience of being responsible for AP, Tax, Treasury, Cashflow Management and the production of regular management accounts, with inbuilt internal controls to highlight risk areas. The team currently consists of 6 people that are looking for guidance and development utilising their ERP system.
This will play a key part in driving forward future business performance through the development of robust processes and internal controls, enabling a fast close and regular in month health checks.
As a key part of the finance leadership team, you will also play an important role in making Finance a great place to work as they continue to develop the team culture in a post Covid world, as well as helping the team adapt to the evolving needs of the business.About the role...
- Retain constant awareness of the company's financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set up and oversee the company's finance IT system
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Oversee all taxation and treasury responsibilities across multiple territories, ensuring any changes are reflected in plans on a timely basis
- Responsibility for preparing relevant papers for Audit Committee and Board meetings
- Manage relationships with banking, insurance and other external partners and advisors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Be responsible for external reporting including the development of data packs, presentations and published documents
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Work closely with Commercial Finance Director to information flows from each side of finance to the other on a timely basis.
• Qualified Accountant with experience of working in a fast-growth business
• Experience working in an e-commerce, retail or digital-first apparel business
• Experience of best practice processes in transaction processing and management account production
• Experience influencing senior management
• Personality and confidence to act as part of the senior management team
• First class communication and presentation skills
• Excellent excel and systems skills.