Deadline for application: Noon on 4th July 2022Provisional interview date: Friday 8th July 2022
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and outstanding Teaching Assistant to join our growing team. You will be a key member of the team of practitioners responsible for the education and care of the children in the school, with specific responsibility for supporting our EAL provision as well as broader TA work across the school.
You will be involved in contributing to the teaching and learning programme in accordance with the ethos, aims and objectives of the school.
The Teacher and the Teaching Assistant work as a team - being 'partners' in supporting the students' access to learning and the whole curriculum (including the National Curriculum) and their independence as learners. You may be required to work with groups or individuals from a class without the presence of the class teacher and supervise activities and tasks.The Archer Academy seeks candidates who are:
Our ideal candidate will:
- Excellent practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
- Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
- Flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
- Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- Be a committed team player
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team and to tight deadlines
- Be able to establish good relationships with students and translating the school ethos into all aspects of the curriculum
- Be committed to fulfilling the aims of the school and contributing towards maintaining its ethos
The Archer Academy benefits from
- A unique opportunity to play a key role in building on the school's successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities both now and in the future, as the school continues to mature
- A forward-thinking senior leadership team
- A committed and talented body of staff
- A supportive Trust and Governing Body
- An excellent CPD programme
- A committed and innovative Well Being Committee
Please submit your application form by email to, Jessica Scott, Headteacher's PA & HR Manager via the button below.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jessica on 07708251440 with any questions or to arrange a tour of the school.
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
The Archer Academy is also committed to promoting equality and diversity, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.