Snr/Lead Solution Architect with solid Data experience required to join the Finanacial Crime, AML and Customer Due Dilligence team of a major bank to help deliver global changes to exsiting AML teams. Previous Financial crime, AML etc would be beneficial but is NOT essential as long as you have strong banking domain experience.
Initial focus will be on Data so a hybrid Solution Architect / Data Architect would be perfect but you should also have wider experience in Digital, Cloud, Microservices areas etc.
The most important quality for this vacancy is leadership capability. We need someone who's able to work and present at a high level, good strategy awareness, policies etc and a good understanding of Data (doesn't necessarily have to be hands on)
* A solid background in data and integration
* Will be working with a Data Architect (or potentially initially be the Data Architect until the role broadens into wider solutions) to create a common data model across the various Regulatory Compliance-owned and other data sources
* Should know how to get that data into and out of a set of data capabilities, getting the rules for mapping and transformations implemented in a sensible way
* Being able to influence the roadmaps of the systems providing the data
* Working out to façade legacy systems so they look "modern"
* Implementing an event-based, workflow and microservices modern backbone to hang things onto
* unlikely to be "building apps", so mostly back-end engineering stuff
* to look for commonalities to create a more Compliance-Wide mindset and capabilities. Ideally the candidate should be able to challenge and call out opportunities to consolidate
This role would prerfectly suit a battle hardened Solution or Data Architect in the banking sector who has strong previous experience of large scale change programmes in the banking sector and ideally who has some experience around Financial Crime, AML, Sanctions, Client/Customer Due Dilligence.
The role will be Inside IR35 on a PAYE model and will pay circa £650/660 per day PLUS 28 days paid holiday p/yr at that rate. Work will be a mix of remote and client site work