LHR are proud to be partnered with a trade-only supplier of high-end luxury vacation rentals. A tech enabled, platform-based business that connects luxury travel professionals with the world's
villas and Ski chalets.
new Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in the business's next phase of
growth. Working closely with the Managing Director and Reservations team, they will be
responsible for managing the finances of the business day to day as well assisting with
financial planning and forecasting.
Our client is looking for a game changer attitude, natural leadership skills and a proactive problem solver - someone who will bring organisation, who can assist the MD with the transformation of the finance function, as we transition from family-founded lifestyle business into a global, scalable brand.
The new Finance Manager will be hands-on and responsible for maintaining and improving our day-to-day finance functions through the implementation of new systems, processes &reporting. You'll be responsible for all the day-to-day finance needs alongside our bookkeeper and will liaise and manage the accountants in the UK and Spain.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
• To help to streamline and improve the finance function to support their growth plans.
• To manage the day-to-day finance requirements alongside the bookkeeper and
accountants - VAT, Payroll, End of year accounts etc and ensure we remain
compliant and up to date with changing regulations in the UK and Spain.
• To implement new systems and processes to provide greater efficiencies in the
finance function and 'best practice' solutions
• Preparation of Monthly management accounts and cashflow forecasting.
• To work alongside the MD and the corporate accountants to assist with fundraising
rounds as we raise capital to support the aggressive growth plans when needed.
• To help us to develop and improve the internal reporting.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long term
and short-term decision making
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
• Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and
other financial needs as necessary.
• To assist with the researching of grants and funding available to the business or
beneficial initiatives in the UK and Spain - i.e. R&D tax credits.
• You will be expected to manage budgets, cash flow and closely monitor business
performance in line with company targets.
• To review and undertake cost saving analysis and implement where agreed.
The Successful Finance Manager:
• Is a structured problem solver, analytical enough to break down problems into the
core issues and that can draw conclusions on what to do from the current state of the
• You can review and analyse existing processes and make recommendations on how
they can be improved.
• You are tech-literate systems thinkers, who see the big picture and understand how the
different parts of a business influence each other.
• You are strong communicators and can persuade stakeholders of the importance of
something instead of needing to rely on authority to get things done.
• You can use your emotional intelligence to build effective, positive and collaborative working
• You are confident in enabling change, and you can drive execution through everyone in the organisation, by bringing structure, process and prioritisation.
• Have previous experience as a Finance Manager or senior accountant, ideally within
start-ups, SME's or tech-based businesses.
• Must be ACCA or CIMA qualified (or equivalent experience)
• Have a full driving licence.
• Have excellent analytical skills and a can-do attitude.
What's in it for you as a Finance Manager:
• The role is for 20-25 hours per week
• Salary based on experience and skills current paying up to £40,000 pro rata
• 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and birthday pro rata
• A Monday to Friday working pattern
• Flexibility around hours (which are subject to business needs)
• Company Pension
• Annual company break to Spain
If your experience matches this Finance Manager opportunity, forward your CV through to us!
**Only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted. **
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer