The Mortgage Case Manager is responsible for ensuring a mortgage application progresses promptly whilst adhering to all regulatory and company processes. In addition, they will be required to support the Operations Manager in various tasks.
Hours of work - Monday - Thursday 9:00-17:30, Friday 8:30-17:00
Benefits: 22 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with service to 27 days. Free parking onsite.
Responsibilities and duties:
* ID and fraud prevention checks.
* Managing email correspondence.
* Preparing mortgage documents to be sent to customers.
* Assessment of all documentation required to process a mortgage application to completion e.g. customer documentation and 3rd party information.
* Management of an application to ensure it remains within normal expectations and projected completions are managed accurately. Identify delay/problems with applications and be able to consider alternatives to move forward.
* Provide technical support to colleagues (e.g. Advisers and Mortgage Co-ordinators), customers etc. • Managing and supporting team members. Ensuring good two-way communication is maintained at all times.
* Ensuring key stakeholders in an application are regularly updated.
* Build strong relationships with lenders, Insolvency practitioners and other key 3rd parties.
* Consider and identify any process changes which would benefit our efficiency.
* Keeping up to date and maintaining knowledge of the mortgage/financial industry.
* Identifying training needs and opportunities for team members.
* Complying with FCA conduct rules.
Qualifications and Skills:
* 5 GCSE's B grade or above including Maths and English.
* 3 A Levels C Grade or above is preferred.
* Be analytically minded with high attention to detail.
* Has or is working towards CeMAP qualification or is willing to.
* Exceptional communication and leadership skills with a keen interest in delivering the highest levels of customer service.
* Previous experience of working within the mortgage industry.
* A good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Strong organisational skills and dedication to completing tasks in a timely manner.
* Attitude for learning, self-development & developing others.
* Positive approach, strong work ethic and self-motivated.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* A can-do approach with an ability to think outside of the box/solve problems
KEYWORDS: Mortgage, CeMAP, Underwriter, underwriting, FCA
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven't contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds