To be the head of profession for Audit and Counter Fraud across the business and strategically direct the delivery of an independent, robust, high quality Internal Audit service, which adheres to the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and Nolan principles.Client Details
The client are a Public Sector organisation in North West England Description
The Interim Head of Internal Audit's responsibilities include;
- Strategically lead and deliver excellent independent Internal Audit, investigation and counter fraud services, in line with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards, inspiring others to achieve their potential and Internal Audit continuing to grow as a value-adding function.
- To maintain the delivery of an Internal Audit service whose focus is adequate and risk based in order that an opinion on the effectiveness of governance, risk management and the internal control framework can be provided.
- To enrich compliance and internal control by supporting the effective governance of the authority through review, development and enhancement of corporate governance arrangements and robust financial, performance and risk reporting. Utilising best practice audit tools and processes and where appropriate to use and develop IT enablers to improve end-to-end processes and reporting.
The successful Interim Head of Internal Audit should have;
- CCAB, Chartered IIQ qualifications or equivalent and be a full member of an appropriate professional body such as IIA
- Evidence of continued professional development, managerial and personal development,
- Experience of the development and delivery of audit, risk and assurance services in major complex organisations.
- Experience of leading/undertaking significant investigations into allegations of fraud.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of governance arrangements, ethical best practice and regulations in the jurisdictions in which the Council operates including Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.*
The successful Interim Head of Internal Audit will receive;
- Great experience of leading an Internal Audit function,
- Attractive day rate of up to £550 per day (inside IR35),
- Supportive team and environment