Role includes a pension of roughly 27%, 2 days from the office a week, holiday days, flexitime, flex days, access to qualifications and more.
Borders & Trade is developing and delivering the UK customs system of the future. Following the UK's exit from the EU, Borders & Trade is responsible for high-profile work within HMRC to support the Government's ambition to create the world's most effective border.
We are looking for two highly motivated individuals with excellent skills to join fast paced dynamic departments in Borders & Trade.
• Lead one or more multi-disciplinary agile delivery teams to deliver excellent new products and/or iterations to existing products to meet user needs.
• Gather user requirements based on a communicable understanding of diverse audience groups
• Define and get user buy in for product definition and delivery approach.
• Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions, noting that users do not always know what they want.
• Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms and their implications for successful delivery of government digital services.
• Underpin the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data.
• Ensure the service delivers value for money, balancing a quality service for customers that is proportionate to the volume of transactions.
• Actively take ownership of risks which may impact successful delivery by identifying risks, exploring mitigating solutions and escalating when appropriate.
• Ensure the safe landing of the digital service into the Business and that costs/benefits are capable of being realised.
• Communicate credibly with a range of digital delivery partners both internal and external including taking the lead at GDS Assessments and presenting the Digital Service (where appropriate) to Ministers.
• Create and maintain close and effective stakeholder engagement with a range of business and programme partners.
• Work within a programme engaging effectively with programme and project stakeholders including suppliers and other third parties
• Ensure that delivery stays on track with key milestones and aligned with end to end delivery and operates within agreed budget.
• Follow the necessary governance and representing delivery where required to answer challenges and queries.
• Depending on role, there may be also Line Manager responsibilities
• Candidates should have experience of being responsible for delivery and ongoing management of high quality, digital products particularly using Agile methodology.
• Proven ability of managing stakeholders effectively and driving outcomes through engaging the right people at the right time, to make decisions that support quality service delivery for our customers and HMRC.
• Experience in working in a fast paced IT environment
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Communicating and Influencing
Please follow link to application form to learn how to apply for this in full. Apply before Thursday 7th July at 11:55pm