Our mission is simple... to help the world Love Mondays.
We require an ELS Trainer (First aid & Compliance Training Team) to cover an existing workload within a major police force, based in Hendon.
This is an interim position for an initial 6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.Role Purpose:
Skills required to be successful in the role:
- The post holder's primary role will be to undertake the following learning programmes within the Met Training structure, to provide on-going and long-term high quality professional learning and developmental opportunities to all MPS officers and staff to assist individuals to meet their individual potential and deliver to the highest possible standard.
- All assessments of Emergency Life Support Instructors (ELSI), at all levels across the MPS.
- Delivery of TTT courses to enable ELSIs to deliver the full range of Emergency Life Support foundation and refresher courses for police officers and police staff.
- Assist with the training and assessment of both students and instructors attending / delivering Enhanced Emergency Life Support Courses for Firearms and Public Order Medics in accordance with the policy set by Head of Profession Emergency Life Support.
- Delivery of the prerequisite number of ELS classes to students in order to maintain ELSI status.
- Professionally deliver learning programmes and presentations (competently and effectively).
- Personal presentation and facilitation skills (an ability to deliver to diverse and large audiences).
- Effective communication (influencing, oral and written communication).
- Assessment of student learning and understanding (both formal and informally).
- Proficient IT skills (primarily PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Use of technology to support learning programmes (projectors, SmartBoards, printers, etc.).
- Develop, tutor and coach individuals and teams, in a timely manner, to support student and group learning (personal and professional development).
- Provide, in a timely manner, meaningful and constructive feedback to ELSIs (personally and in writing, including development plans).
- Planning and organising (ability to prioritise and problem solve).
- Manage the welfare needs of students (balance the needs of the individual and organisation).
- Experience in relation to Emergency Life Support matters.
- Previous experience in training Emergency Life Support trainers for the organisation (desirable).
- Delivery of learning programmes and presentations within the MPS.
- Addressing or facilitation of diverse groups.
This role offers a competitive salary of £220 per day Umbrella
and you'll be working via REED
who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.Any offers would be subject to police vetting and right to work checks.