Field Service Operative
The FSO role is an essential ingredient for delivering world class services to LH customers globally.
As an FSO, you will work under the assigned lead Field Service Representative (FSR) for any given Field Service Department operation. Operations can include performing discreet maintenance tasks (Modifications, repairs or a package of scheduled maintenance) on customer aircraft/s, but in some cases this could extend to fulfilling a role within a maintenance operation supporting a prolonged period of aircraft flying on lead up to customer aircraft acceptance (i.e. Support to customer Pilot Training or Development Trials) or as part of the initial stand-up of the customer flying operation post aircraft acceptance.
FSOs are a key part of the department's service sustainment plan, by gaining operational experience over time and by developing key competences, they offer the potential to become tomorrow's FSRs
At Leonardo Helicopters, an exciting opportunity has become available within the UK Production Procurement department for a Procurement Contracts Specialist working within a small team and reporting into a Procurement Contracts Manager.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK. This role is based at our Helicopter division in Yeovil, Somerset.
As a Procurement Contracts Specialist for Leonardo Helicopters, you will be working in a varied and fast-paced role. You will be highly motivated and dynamic with the aptitude to work on your own initiative.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
* Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
* Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
* Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
* Carer (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled or seriously ill)
* Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
* Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
* Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
* Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
* Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
* Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
* Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
* Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and generous flexi days
What you will do
As a FSO under the direction of the lead FSR you will assume the following responsibilities:-
* Assist with the preparatory requirements of CWP (Contractor Working Party) deployments by assessing the CWP team composition requirements (Trade, Skills, Inspection Approval ....etc); Identification of any additional training needs specific to task; Assessing the work instructions to determine and GSE, Tooling and Material requirements; Assessing and agreeing the CWP travel arrangements; Assessing overall tasks risks and implementing any required mitigation plans.
* You will be expected to interact with LH departments company-wide, customers and suppliers to agree /progress CWP plans. You will be required to monitoring the progress of work to the agreed schedule and budgets, ensuring effective communications are maintained throughout and deficiencies, issues and concerns are resolved efficiently /effectively to minimise any impact on schedule or customer satisfaction.
* Manage the day to day assigned work requirements within the scope of the pre-defined 'Statement of Work', ensuring resources at your disposal are utilised efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for ensuring that all work performed by the CWP comply with the Company Operating System (COS) procedures /relevant maintenance exposition.
* You will hold and maintain company inspection approval on in and out-of-production aircraft (relative to your trade discipline and work experience) that will enable certification of work performed within customer /company maintenance documents. You will be required in some instances to self-certify your own work.
* You will also be expected to provide a level of On-Job-Training (OJT) to company and customer maintenance staff within the scope of the maintenance approval held.
MOBILITY / FLEXIBILITY
* You will be expected to respond at short notice to work requirements in the UK and Overseas for extended periods and be able to operate to irregular work routines and extended hours when the need arises.
* You will be expected to undergo regular medical assessments to ensure global fitness to travel and be prepared to undergo treatments / inoculations as prescribed by the AW Occupational Health Centre (OHC) to protect health for specific overseas travel events. You will also be required to disclose (to OHC personnel) any medical conditions that you have that could affect your ability to travel.
* To support your mobility you will need to be in possession and maintain a full European driving licence and be in possession of a valid passport for the duration of employment.
What we are looking for
* Completed an Aeronautical Engineering Apprenticeship or Military Equivalent.
* Be in possession of an Engineering qualification (Minimum HNC/BTEC or equivalent)
* Served a minimum of 5 years working in an aviation type environment with a good sound knowledge of aviation
Engineering / Maintenance standards and practices.
* Met the company criteria to hold Company Inspection Authority (Minimum Code 5) or held an equivalent in a
* Have proven leadership capabilities, communication skills and maintain an astute business and commercial
* Previous overseas working experience, cultural awareness, team leadership /supervisory experience and computer literacy will be advantageous, but not essential.
* Possess a good understanding of Company Quality Assurance process and procedures
* Possess a good understanding of the Company HSE policy and procedures
* A good understanding of MAA regulatory policy and procedure will be advantageous