Deliver technical solutions in response to the needs of the company's programme of work. Take responsibility for the technical compliance, quality and appropriateness of solutions delivered.
Lead design consultants and multi-discipline engineering teams to deliver the design solutions to schedule and budget.
Support the project delivery teams by providing concept, basic and detailed design solutions based on client and site-specific requirements for clean water, wastewater and biosolids treatment solutions, pipelines, trunk mains, sewers pumping stations and networks.
Ensure timely delivery of technical solutions in response to the needs of the project schedule and the company's programme of work.
Ensure design work is correct and complies with the customer and statutory standards, regulations, and specifications.
* Take ownership and accountability for the technical appropriateness of the project solutions delivered throughout the project life cycle.
* Manage the agreed contract with external design consultants ensuring that duties are discharged under the contract and if not, that appropriate action is taken.
* Manage the development and delivery of appropriate, robust, reliable, operable, and maintainable asset designs that meet the project objectives.
* Management of multi-discipline teams of Engineers from within the business, consultants, and partner companies in the production of project solutions to the required level of design.
* Production and management of project engineering budgets and schedules for review by the head of engineering before submission to the Project Manager.
* Implement change control processes to track and manage the development of the Engineering element of a project to ensure all budgetary, programme and scope changes are correctly managed.
* Ensure that all engineering outputs provided are following Health and Safety Legislation, documented Business Processes, Quality Management Systems & best practices e.g., checked and verified: calculations, drawings, specifications, and compliance with appropriate standards.
* Evaluate designs and solutions.
* Support supply chain selection for specialists' input on the design.
* Collaboration with other technical, operational, maintenance, strategic stakeholders, and design coordinators.
* Liaison with Engineering Managers, Project Managers and consultants concerning project issues, scope changes, risks etc.
* Temporary Works: Understanding of what encompasses Temporary Works and the supporting engineering, understanding of the types of temporary works designs available and what responsibilities the associated roles (designer/coordinator/contractor) have and engagement of internal and external temporary works designers.
Audit and Governance:
* Ensure the Barhale Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to, and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant, and consistent working practices.
* To operate in an open- and even-handed manner with all personnel across the business.
* Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences.
* Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential.
* To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working.
* To listen to each other and share knowledge enables us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
* Behaving with integrity and always demonstrating a professional image.
* To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised/
Regional Managers, Engineering Managers, Operational Managers, and Contracts Managers
Site Agents and Site team
Regional HSEQ team
Quality and Technical Assurance Manager
The successful candidate is likely to meet all the following criteria:
Minimum 10 years of design and management experience
Foul water drainage system
Portable Water Mains
Building Information Modeling (BIM) and common data environments
Degree/HNC qualified, or equivalent, in civil engineering
Member of a recognized engineering institution, Incorporated Engineer, or Charged Engineer and or working towards membership
Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with both clients and staff
Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
People management, time management, project design management