Job Overview: We are working closely with our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer to recruit a Project Engineer to join their NPI, Trials & Product development team.
If you are an Injection Moulding Setter or Mould Technician this role will suit you for your next step within Project & Development Engineering, offering an attractive salary for a day role and the opportunity to further develop & progress your career within a business that invests heavily into training & upskilling their staff.
This company is a technical trade moulder working with engineering grade plastic materials as well as owning their own product patent. Supplying to automotive, electronics, white goods, caps & closures, MOD and NHS markets.
Project Engineer opportunity to work within the technical department, providing support and managing a range of new and existing projects. This will include some exciting tooling, process and material development projects.
The candidate will ideally have the following attributes:
* Technical apprenticeship and/or degree level engineering qualification
* Experience of project management ideally in NPI
* Good communication skills, written and verbal
* Ability to read technical drawings (e.g., tooling GA drawings)
* Good computer literacy i.e., MS Word and Excel as a minimum
* Experience of producing timing plans / MS Project software
* Experience of APQP and PPAP methods, - desirable but full training provided
Further desirable attributes:
* Experience liaising with toolmakers
* Experience with MRP/ERP systems
* Practical experience of injection moulding processes, materials and injection mould tooling
* The position would suit an individual with prior experience of Injection Moulding Setting with some exposure to project engineering or a technician/ engineer with project management experience, who is looking to develop their career further within the injection moulding industry.
* The role can be flexible utilising the skills and experience of the right candidate.
* There will be scope to develop your skills further through training and working closely with fellow team members.
* Package includes a competitive salary, pension contribution laptop, workwear, use of pool car for business purposes. Standard working hours 8.00am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday. 1.00pm finish on Friday'
Key Words: "Project Engineer", "Injection Moulding Setter", "Injection Moulding Technician", "Setter Supervisor", "injection moulding"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult -
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles