Functional Test Manager
A leading financial services corporation is currently recruiting a Functional Test Manager responsible for the quality delivery of System and UAT testing activity within an allocated Programme of work within Integration & Change. This role involves daily management of the assigned pool of Test resources and Line Management of Test Leads and Senior Test Analysts across UK and India. To succeed, you must have an ISTQB or ISEB qualification, work within a Waterfall / Agile environment and can technically lead a small team of Test Leads, Senior Test Analysts and Test Analysts in multiple locations worldwide. This is a permanent contract basis paying up between £48,000 to £58,000 per annum + excellent benefits + generous bonus + hybrid working.
The role holder will have excellent team leadership and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders from all areas of the business and IT. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with Programme and Project Managers to meet the required testing delivery expectations of the business roadmap and overall business strategy and to ensure identified risk areas are being mitigated to implement all change with the limited customer and business impact.
• Manage and deliver the test strategy, approach and governance for each approved project and test phase within Change Workstream in line with the goals and objectives of the business.
• Engage with a wide range of stakeholders across the Group and third parties to drive positive Test outcomes.
• Define Programme/Workstream Test Delivery plan, milestones, environments and all test activities.
• Supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Workstream Test Team in the UK and India, including resourcing and work allocation based upon the teams priorities.
• Line manage and coach Test Leads and Senior Test Analysts including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment
• Work with Change team, work stream leads and key business stakeholders to ensure the various stages of the testing project delivery cycles are understood, accepted and approved by key stakeholder and delivered within the agreed timelines
• Establish and contribute to the ongoing development and evaluation of the training needs of team utilising the Personal and Development team where required and supporting Direct Reports with skip level 1:1s
• Represent Testing in core working and steering groups for workstream, taking accountability for all Test deliverables within that workstream.
• Contribute to lessons learnt and continuous improvement opportunities with the aim to deliver quicker and quality releases.
• Effective planning and ongoing evaluation of resource capacity and utilisation of environments (including account conditioning for core testing and training environments) for each workstream and project. Risks to timelines and environmental clashes must be raised at appropriate forum for discussion
• Ensure the testing resource create and maintain all test artefacts in line with the agreed testing policy and procedures.
• Ensure effective contribution to project timelines ensuring deliverables are met and delivered on time for each project and test phase.
• Ensure effective escalation is in place to identify and report on any slippage to Senior Test Manager
Technical skill set:
• 5 years previous experience in a managing and supervising a System and UAT test team (manual and automation) is essential
• 4 years previous experience testing core systems within the Financial Services industry is essential
• 4 years previous experience using Test Management Tools (HP Quality Centre/ALM /Azure DevOps Test Plan etc) is desirable
• Experience of working alongside Programme Managers, BA's, PMs and Development teams are essential.
• Experience working with offshore teams is essential.
• Specialist knowledge of the industry standard software development cycle and the defect resolution process is essential
• Specialist knowledge of System Testing and User Acceptance frameworks is essential
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of structured test methodologies, best practices and processes covering manual and automated testing is essential
• Proven knowledge managing testing functions within a financial services organisation with exposure to mortgage and savings products is essential
• Detailed knowledge of Testing within an Agile Framework and DevOps methodologies is desirable
• ISTQB / ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Software Testing is desirable. (Foundation essential requirement but must be willing to study for Practitioner)
£50,000 to £58,000 / 15% Bonus / Work from home options / Flexible working / 25 Days Holiday / Medical Cover /Life Cover / Pension / Flexible Benefits
Functional Test Manager