This is an excellent opportunity for a Depot Support Operative to work as part of the team at our depot in Uxbridge, West London. We are seeking a Depot Support Operative to assist in all labouring duties and to support all aspects of the transport and engineering functions at the depot.You must be a great team player, be reliable and have a keen desire to learn within an engineering environment.Responsibilities include: -
- Work with drivers to ensure all trucks are loaded in a safe and efficient manner.
- Pick and make available machines for drivers as notified on Transport planning sheets.
- Ensure all vehicles and drivers have loads available to maximise driving hours and vehicle efficiency.
- Ensure all diesel machines have tanks filled and chargeable invoicing information is competed daily.
- Ensure machine layout is maintained/improved to use available yard space efficiently.
- Park all machines after engineers have parked in laydown area.
- Complete planned maintenance activities including work to improve machine standards in the depot (cleaning and painting) and within Livery guidelines.
- Improve/organise engineers stores to ensure efficient use of parts in line with the LSM.
- Be an ambassador for and ensure compliance of Quality, Health, Safety and Tech X standards and policies.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times.
- Maintain high levels of personal appearance, ensuring uniform and personal protective equipment are used correctly.
- Support the Location/Workshop Service Manager, Senior Service Engineer & the shift supervisor in the effective running of maintenance operations.
- Provide general depot maintenance where required
- Ensure electric machines are on charge before and after inspection
- Provide on-site support when required
- Use the internal mobile application to complete specified tasks planned by the LSM/WSM or SSE.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Reliable and punctual
- Basic understanding of powered access
- Keen to learn and progress within an engineering environment
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work as a team player in a reactive working environment
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Forklift Licence desirable
In return you will receive:
- A Competitive Salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Lifestyle Benefits - discount on selected high street stores
For further information please contact the Recruitment Team on or . If you do not hear within 6 weeks of your application please assume your application has been unsuccessful.