Experienced CNC Operative (Nights) required to join world leading specialist product manufacturer, using carbon, advanced ceramics and composites. Offered as a permanent contract with market competitive salary plus shift premium, company benefits (pension, life assurance, share purchase option) and immediate start available.
Reporting to the Team Leader/Production Manager, as CNC Operative, you will be working in a production environment (ceramic seals and bearings) on CNC grinding machines, whilst ensuring site safety standards are maintained.
CNC Operative essential duties & responsibilities:
* Setting machines in accordance with H&S regulations and the process control plan.
* CNC grinding, operating, setting, and programming.
* Interpreting component drawings to determine specifications.
* Using measuring equipment to ensure components meet specification.
* Monitoring equipment spares and consumables, replenishing stock when required.
* Responsible for championing 6S and developing a culture of lean.
* Performing & developing PM & TPM activities to ensure continuous operation of machines, monitoring the condition of machine parts, replacing when required.
* To develop ways of working to reduce waste and improve efficiency.
* Liaising with the QEHS & CI Leader to ensure quality standards are being achieved.
* Performing any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
Education/Experience required by successful candidate for the role of CNC Operative:
* Apprenticeship or equivalent in an engineering discipline
* A GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
* This is a hands-on job requiring engineering skill levels to craft level or similar/higher
* Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
* Knowledge of manual handling
* Able to confidently work to engineering drawings
* Fanuc control programming in ISO G code
* Able to use a CMM and shadowgraphs for inspection
* Be confident and experienced in working with;
* CNC machining Turning or Grinding
* Surface grinding
* Cylindrical grinding
* ISO programming G codes
* Able to perform these tasks to a competent standard
Desirable (not essential)
A Yellow Belt qualification
Hours of work: Sun 11pm - 6am and Mon to Thurs 10pm - 6am
(Flexibility may be required to support on days where needed)
Salary: £20,000 to £26,000 p.a. dependent upon experience plus shift premium 34% of base salary
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Share Purchase Option
If you have the required skills and experience to fulfil the role of CNC Operative as detailed, please APPLY TODAY