About Our Client
Our client is an Education institution in Surrey, who is part of a Multi Academy trust that has been praised by Ofsted on its strong teaching over time, that has resulted in impressive achievements at all levels.Job Description
The key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to;
The Successful Applicant
- Preparation of timely monthly management accounts including a narrative commentary, to the school's senior leadership team, the Foundation CFO and the local school governing body.
- Providing monthly financial information and explanations to the Foundation's Chief Financial Officer in the agreed format. This includes monthly updates to financial forecasts.
- Managing the financial operations of the finance function, ensuring its efficient operation according to agreed procedures, and to review these regularly with the CFO.
- Managing the staff within the finance and estates function to deliver the strategic aims of the school and in accordance with the cultural principles of the Foundation. This includes encouraging a culture of continuous improvement and supporting staff development to facilitate the school as a great place to work.
- Preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts for the school, for approval by the school's Senior Leadership Team and governors, and submission to the Foundation's Chief Financial Officer.
- Providing oversight and management of the school budget throughout the year, including the investigation of variances and making proposals for remedial actions where necessary.
- Acting as an authorised signatory on the school's bank accounts, approving payments within agreed financial limits.
- Providing financial management advice and support to the school's Senior Leadership Team, attending Senior Leadership Team meetings as required.
- Attending meetings of the schools' board of governors and its sub-committees as required, where finance related matters are being considered.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills;
What's on Offer
- Finance degree or equivalent qualification;
- A financial/accounting qualification in a recognised institute with up to date membership and evidence of continued professional development e.g. ACCA, CIMA, AAT;
- Experience of producing timely management accounts in line with best practice and managing budgets;
- Experience of working in the Education sector;
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-specialists including the ability to produce high level reports and present data in accessible formats;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with an eye for detail;
- Knowledge of the Academy/Multi Academy Trust environment.
On offer to the candidate;
- A permanent, full-time role offering up to £51,000 per annum;
- A supportive and high performing wider team of professionals.