We are currently supporting a non-profit organisation in their search for an Interim Head of Finance. The role holder will oversee the day-to-day running of the finance team, providing proactive, accurate and relevant financial information and support to the wider organisation. In addition, this role oversees the Facilities and Health & Safety team, ensuring a robust facility, health & safety Strategy, fully integrated into all business and operation processes.
With the organisation going through a period of rapid change and growth, you will be required to successfully lead the team (of 12, with 5 direct reports) through the year end closure process, whilst providing support to the Director of Corporate Services in developing the Finance Strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced interim with strong people management skills and a hands-on approach, to be an integral part of some big changes for a well-known charity in the not-for-profit space
Role responsibilities include:
- To build a highly effective finance team through leadership, coaching and development, creating a culture of continuous improvement
- To provide professional advice and expertise to the Director of Corporate Services by working with legal, tax and financial advisers on behalf of the organisation in matters of business structure, tax compliance and significant collaboration projects.
- To proactively minimise risk and manage financial investments and assets, with specific reference to cash flow and management of reserves
- To ensure a robust internal controls and policy framework in line with best practice to ensure statutory, legislative and other financial reporting requirements are met on behalf of the organisation
- To provide strategic oversight for the preparation of the annual budget and the financial forecasting processes to support the 5-year financial and strategic plans and to oversee the management and reporting of restricted and unrestricted charitable funds and financial donor reports.
- To provide oversight for the successful production and subsequent publishing of the annual statutory accounts concerning external regulation and best practice and manage the external auditors' relationship.
- Based in London or Salisbury (travel around the UK as necessary)