A large insurance firm south of London is currently recruiting for a finance business partner for an initial 6 month contract with decent extension opportunities.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they are going through a digital transformation and re-platform the entire business.
Working closely with the IT commercial manager, the role purpose is to provide insight and support business leaders, primarily the IT and Data leadership team and the IT and Data Change leads, including production of routine financial reporting, financial MI & analysis and accompanying presentations.
- You will also drive the production of annual budgets/plans and regular reforecasts and understand key drivers of performance and participate in commercial decisions.
- Responsible for month close activities, including the accurate recording of expenses and analysis of variances to tight deadlines.
- Produce detailed annual budgets/plans and monthly reforecasts and provide analysis to monitor performance against those plans.
- Produce and consolidate monthly analysis for the Head of IT and IT Senior Leadership team to understand how their function is performing against budget and forecast with variances identified and explained.
- Drive cost accountability and good governance of spend and cost commitments within the business functions
- Provide financial insight and analysis to aid decision making and provide early insight on potential financial risks and concerns to IT & Finance leadership.
- Responsible for month close activities preparation of monthly reports and project / programme specific reporting.
- Produce monthly Financial MI and KPIs including Project financials, cash and P&L insights, cost centre reporting, balance sheet analysis and FTE reporting.
- Provide adhoc support to the Corporate Planning and Development team.
You are a good fit for the role if you have the following...
- Great communication and relationship skills, able to deal with stakeholders at different levels
- Advanced MS Excel skills and used to dealing with large amounts of data
- Some experience in a financial or analytical role preferably with in the financial services industry or supporting Technology/Change functions
- An interest in Technology and Transformational change programmes
We'd also like to hear if you:
- Are a Part qualified/qualified accountant who is actively studying towards an accounting qualification
- Have a desire to understand different operational areas and business activities
If you have the skills and experience suitable for this role, APPLY NOW and we'll be in touch.