About the DCC
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it's a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We're directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.The Role
The Solution Lead Network Connectivity works within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Connectivity. The purpose of the role is to contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of DCC's products and services, and interface with Energy Suppliers, Smart Energy Code (SEC) Parties, Communication Service Providers, Device Manufacturers.
This role will enjoy a varied and diverse workload ranging from technical design, project work, testing and assurance, contract and regulatory review, customer, and supplier engagement. This role involves various amounts of travel to external sites and some flexible working is required.What you'll be doing
What's in it for you?
- Be a trusted point of contact for Energy Suppliers, SEC Parties, Industry Organisations, and DCC Service Providers, regarding the Smart Metering WAN
- Provide DCC with insight into SM-WAN issues & concerns from the perspective of DCC's Service Users and other stakeholders
- Establish robust relationships and maintain regular contact with Energy Suppliers / SEC Parties, DCC suppliers and their subcontractors, and other relevant organisations
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in the domain of SM-WAN by interfacing with DCC's Service Providers and other organisations as required
- Lead and coach a team of SM-WAN Experts to deliver the roadmap
- Field and Test Lab qualification of SM-WAN issues
Become part of our team at DCC and you'll find an inclusive culture which prizes mutual respect, innovation and high performance. It all adds up to make DCC a great place to work. Hard work deserves great benefits, and we offer our colleagues a range of reasons to enjoy their time at DCC:
- Bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance.
- Car allowance
- Extensive personal development and training opportunities
- Hybrid working - Many of our people work 1 to 3 days in the office..
- Flexible holidays - increase your standard 25 days by purchasing extra days.
- Dental plan.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Headspace free membership - a popular mindfulness app.
- Season ticket travel loan
- Charity days
- Retail discounts.
- Discounted gym membership
- RAC discount
- Income protection scheme
Capita Opportunity Statement
- Please contact  should you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying; or
- Choose 'Apply now' to complete our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.