We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology to join our on-site IT Team in providing high quality first line technical support and championing IT usage for all staff and students at The Beacon. The IT infrastructure at The Beacon underpins all sections of the school and the successful candidate will be exposed to many advanced technologies and learning opportunities as part of the role.
The Beacon is a large independent prep school for boys aged between 3 and 13, with superb facilities and resources that support a forward-looking educational environment. Our school is near Amersham, some 30 minutes from London by train/tube.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree or equivalent qualification in a Computer Science related subject. Patience, dependability, and the ability to work effectively in a team are also essential.
To give you a flavour of life at The Beacon please take a look around our website. You will find our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy on the Vacancies page and other useful policies on the website.
The Beacon is a remarkable school and we seek remarkable people. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Role and Job DescriptionRole: First Line IT Support TechnicianReporting to:
- The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Safeguarding checks will be undertaken in accordance with School policy
- The safeguarding responsibilities of the post can be found in the job description and person specification in this recruitment pack
- The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
IT ManagerHours of Work:
(All year round contract - 52 weeks) Monday to Friday each week, 40 hours per week (with lunch breaks included) - Normal hours will be 8am to 4pm with occasional out of hours support requirements in addition. Other Terms & conditions:
Six weeks paid holiday entitlement, competitive salary, pension and other benefitsPrimary Responsibilities
- Maintenance and care of all school owned equipment such as desktops, laptops, projectors, displays and network infrastructure as necessary.
- To act as a first point of contact for all IT queries and provide a high level of customer service.
- Helping to maintain an appropriate working software environment across the school.
- Observing IT usage throughout the school and proactively suggesting improvements.
- Helping to enhance IT competency across the school for all staff.
- Occasional out of hours event support when required.
In all areas of school life, staff are expected to lead by example and demonstrate and uphold the values and principles that we wish the boys to learn.
- Development and maintenance of documentation relating to IT support procedures
- Delivering training as directed
- Providing cover for other colleagues in the IT support team when required
Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact; following the School's safeguarding policy at all times and using the internal systems/contacting the DSL for monitoring safeguarding, wellbeing and pastoral issuesNote:
- The role will involve daily contact with children and a reasonable level of responsibility for children. The role constitutes regulated activity with children.
- In the role, you may also be required to undertake such other duties as the Head reasonably requires from time to time.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All applicants must be prepared to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Beacon is an equal opportunities employer. References will be required and any relevant issues arising from such will be taken up at interview or a suitable point during the process.
Candidates who have a disability or any other special requirements should let the school know if there are any reasonable adjustments they would like the school to make as part of this recruitment process.There is a requirement to complete the school's Application Form. Please download from the School's website and send a copy of your completed Application Form and covering letter.
(Please note that whilst an interview is to be used as the primary feature of the selection process, if invited for interview you will be advised as to whether any additional selection methods will be required to supplement the interview. This may include a lesson, presentation and/or other task. Whatever methods are chosen, the panel will use these to assess the merits of each candidate against the job and person specification).