Our client a leader within investment solutions with $63 billion of AUM now require a Data Engineer to join them based in London. This fund have technology at the core of everything they do and constantly invest in modern technologies.
The Data Engineer will be highly ambitious, motivated and driven and will maintain and build business-critical data processes. if successful, the Data Engineer will own and develop platforms and will be involved with monitoring the processes, tools and libraries within them. This is an exciting, fast moving role with the opportunity to work directly with the business and focus on delivery.
- Exploring and delving into data, identify features and issues communicating them to others both clearly and concisely.
- Standardise development of ingestion methodologies and promote these to other teams across the organisation
- Focus on building easily supportable data ingestion pipelines, platforms and systems
- Support, monitor and improve existing systems and ingestion pipelines
- Ensure systems are highly effective for downstream teams, making sure these are reliable, scalable and flexible over the long term when business requirements grow and change.
- Experience with coding C#, Python, Scala, Java, Go or similar
- Data storage and manipulation tools - SQL, Pandas, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Snowflake
- containerisation and orchestration technology experience such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm / Flux
- Experience with ETL/ELT technologies such as Airflow, Argo, Dagster, Spark, Hive
- Strong technical knowledge in a variety of areas, ideally experience within processing and exploration of data and a desire to learn new technologies
- Strong experience with automation and continual improvements, with a track record of identifying high value automation opportunities
- The ability to identify patterns and establish standards that reduce development time and increase reliability
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across all teams
- Methodical and systematic approach to problem solving.