The main purpose of this role is to lead the operational teams in health and social care to deliver high quality care and to support the Director to implement the integrated health and social care delivery plan, supported by new models of care that places the person at the centre of their care. The postholder will work seamlessly with the partner Alliance Delivery Lead role to ensure that the operational teams across health and social care have strong and consistent leadership whether they are part of social care or community health.
The roles will work closely with mental health, primary care, acute care managers and local community leads to ensure the holistic needs of local people are met.
A key function of this role is to work alongside professional and transformation leads to co-develop these models of care and operationalise them in line with the Alliance ambitions. The Alliance Delivery Lead (ADL) will -
* Support the Director of Integrated Adult Care and Social Care to deliver the ambitions of the West Suffolk Alliance, building on the health and care review in Suffolk
* Support the Director to implement the recommendations from the ReTHINK independent review of community health and care services locally
* Work with our communities, individual partners and staff to ensure appropriate, quality health, social care and supporting services are in place to provide for the diverse needs of the area we serve. This will be underpinned by a focus on people's opportunities to maintain and improve their independence, health and wellbeing
* Work with other senior managers in the health and social care system, supporting the Director, to radically alter the current hospital dominated delivery model and moved to one based on diversified services delivered at the most appropriate point
* Build strong relationships and partnerships with all Alliance members, including mental health, primary care (including Primary Care Network Clinical Directors) and local communities to deliver a comprehensive and excellent service. These relationships will form the basis of the extended community operational team
* Ensure a strong focus and commitment to equality of outcomes, working with the diverse needs of our community ensuring fair, respectful and inclusive treatment of all individuals, utilising equality impacts in activities, decisions and changes. This includes assessing the impact of any change and current practice on equality issues leading the way for better informed decisions meeting individuals and wider needs (e.g. of health inequalities, carers, rural and urban considerations)
* Support the Director to develop and progress an integrated response and plan to COVID recovery, reset and resilience with a focus on inequalities and population health, supporting mental health and wellbeing of staff as well as our local population, development of a local workforce strategy, embedding digital change and reconnecting with local communities
* Creation a high performance culture within the West that is flexible, innovative, responsive to changing priorities and empowers people to deliver excellence, best value and continuous improvement for the people of West Suffolk
* Have a clear focus on customers, families and community needs ensuring preventative and long term sustainable solutions, which enable people to live long and fulfilling lives by maximising their independence
* Ensure the development of a highly effective, collaborative and inspirational Management Team, demonstrating strong leadership for our staff and partners
* Provide excellent leadership, ensuring effective operations in planning, programme development, human resources and staff development, business development, and financial oversight