We are a fast growing, dynamic company in search for highly energetic and motivated individuals that want to be a real part of a growth plan in shaping the future of our Business.
To deliver our commitment, we need Senior Project Managers who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements. Whilst our specialism lies in healthcare construction, we are also in search of Senior Project Managers who are able to bring an operational eye to projects of varying scopes.
With projects ranging from £100,000.00 - £100,000,000.00 as a GSCI Senior Project Manager you are given the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience and achievement covering a number of aspects across the Operational Business, Consultancy and Construction worlds.
As a GSCI Senior Project Manager, you will take full responsibility for your designated projects, through budgeting, sourcing and planning the project release. Your expertise will be used to contribute specialised process improvement initiatives across the business. We will look to you to provide big-picture assistance to the Business and rely on you to manage all aspects of designated projects to assure alignment of the overall program with strategic business objectives. Working alongside our growing, committed team, you will be highly enthusiastic as you go about your day-to-day duties, with a complete desire to excel in what you do; going the extra mile every time.Key requirements of the role are as follows:
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ideally educated to Batchelors Degree in a related subject or to an equivalent standard and/or previous experience in a similar position
- An understanding of the architectural and engineering requirements to enable the smooth management of design teams and project delivery
- Confident management of teams and external agencies from a broad range of backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reading and accurately interpreting programmes, drawings and technical specifications where necessary
- Ensuring project stakeholders understanding of drawings and technical specifications where necessary
- Excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills, able to put findings into action
- Solid organisational skills including multitasking, time management and follow up
- Knowledge of process mapping and improvement methodologies, leading to implementation and sustainability of change
- An appreciation of the effects of successful change management and end user journeys
- Full ownership and accountability for allocated projects. Maintaining an overall project plan identifying key milestone's, timescales resource usage etc. Proposal of mitigating action plan and non-achievement of milestones to Project Director.
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the project benefits of programmes (and/or the projects within them)
- Organise, chair and lead multidisciplinary meetings with stakeholders to manager identified risks to the project scope, timescales and specification
- Managing the Commercial Teams in preparing budgets, planning and overseeing project procurement management including gaining approval of refining and updating authorisations i.e. cost reports/CEA writing and Business Case Reports. Controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
- Carefully analyse and review Monthly progress reports and identify any discrepancies or underlying trends
- Escalation to Directors when critical impacting issues arise.
- To act with a high degree of day-to-day decision-making autonomy to ensure project progress is maintained. Progress and status reporting to Directors will be expected
- Review drawings making executive decisions with Trust advisors and specialists
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Take corrective/innovative actions to improve the financial and commercial returns
- Ensuring action points from all meetings are addressed before set deadlines/next scheduled meeting.
- Proactive production of regular Progress reports (both GSCI internal and client specific) weekly and monthly and as required for various projects before publication.
- Ability to work in an unpredictable construction environment with interruptions from Site Staff, colleagues and design team members often requiring immediate decisions and action.
- Budget planning and oversee project procurement management.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- To act as a role model and ambassador for other staff members.
- Mentoring and training of junior staff with active contribution to their development and growth.
- Compliance with all GSCI policies & Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Setting standards and adopting a process of leading by example
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in project management or relevant fields - ideally in the healthcare sector, construction experience preferred but not a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a completed project
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with a team