We are going through a period of sustained change at PETA. In our pursuit of fostering a culture of consistent process improvement, we are reviewing and replacing systems throughout the business. We are looking for an experienced Interim Head of Finance to support us with the implementation of our new finance system.
Based at our head office site in Cosham, the successful candidate will be working alongside our existing finance team and Head of IT to oversee and manage the project through to completion. Whilst this role will primarily be office based, there will be the opportunity to work remotely on occasion.
This role is offered on a 6-month fixed term contract basis and can either full time or part time.Your new role...
Joining the team as our Interim Head of Finance, you will lead the implementation of our new Microsoft Dynamics finance system. A key part of this project will involve reviewing the current finance processes and adapting these to reflect the system functionality.
In addition to your project focus, you will also need to support with the provision of a professional accountancy service. This encompasses the planning, organisation and related duties associated with the analysis and control of financial costing and statistical information regarding the business performance.
The role includes responsibility for maintaining the company's books of account working alongside the Finance Administrators and ensuring debtors are kept to a minimum by operating efficient credit control.What you will bring to the role...
To be considered for the role of Interim Head of Finance, it is essential that you are able to demonstrate a proven track record of project managing the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics. A knowledge of Pegasus Opera accounting software would also be highly beneficial.
As our ideal candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
Desirable requirements for this role
- Qualified AAT Technician/CIMA or equivalent with minimum 3 years' experience
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management
- Sound commercial acumen and an eye for detail, coupled with a strong academic background
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Understanding of modern management information systems
Working for PETA
- Understanding of Charity Commission legislative framework and accounting principles. PETA Limited is a registered charity.
- Full driving licence and access to use of a car
We believe in empowering our staff to be the very best. This is reflected in our commitment to providing ongoing training and support throughout your career with us. Joining the PETA team as an Interim Head of Finance, you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 34 Days annual leave (including 8 public holidays) pro rata
- Attractive pension with employer contributions
- Free onsite parking
- Fantastic discounts with Perkbox
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- World-class training and personal development
With 50 years' experience of delivering corporate and apprenticeship training, it is time for us to look to the future and take our business to the next level.If you want to be part of our success and truly make a difference, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY below to start your journey with PETA as our Interim Head of Finance.