We are looking for a proven team leader with a CNC Milling background to join an established precision engineering company based just outside Portsmouth. You will be able to develop the team and be accountable for continuous improvement within the Milling department.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Leadership, Management and Accountability (LMA) of the milling department.
• Coordination and collaboration of the team and assist in shop floor planning.
• Resolve technical, quality, tooling and working method issues promptly.
• Coordinate and perform SMED processes.
• Coordinate and resolve machine break downs.
• Be a Competent Person and Fire Marshall.
Developing the department's technical abilities in CAD/CAM, working methods, work holding and cutting tool technology.
• Technically advise on all aspects of engineering, working methods, CADCAM, programming, setting, machining and tool making.
• Coach and mentor to technically develop the milling team.
• Coordinate and arrange cross training to increase internal security.
• Continuously improve the milling department's "collective technical brain."
Developing disciplined people, to have disciplined debate and take disciplined action as an aligned team.
• Coach and mentor in communication, collaboration and aligned team working skills.
• Hold Quarterly Conversations with all direct reports.
• Encourage and collate feedback and "red flag" issues.
• Complete any other duties such as supporting the team with sick or holiday cover.
• To ensure production targets are achieved, when required, assist the team to program, set and operate CNC Mills.
Improving the internal and external quality outcomes of the department.
• Assisting with first off inspection.
• Coaching and mentor robust, secure working methods and in-process inspection.
• Stimulate a "better than the norm" quality mind-set.
• Conducting, coordinating, and participating in 8D-NCR investigations.
• Following ISO9001:2015 procedures and feedback systems.
Developing the milling department processes to continually improve quality outcomes and workflow.
• Work with the department to improve efficiency and drive standardization.
• Chair the weekly Milling Department L10 meeting.
• Complete Quarterly "Rock" projects and weekly "To Do" action items.
• Contribute to capital expenditure assessments and decisions.
Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 5pm
Friday 7.30am to 12.30pm
25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays