Our client is seeking an Accounts semi senior who will be reporting to the healthcare manager, working out of the Newton Abott office. The firm have enjoyed recent business growth and are looking for someone to join their super friendly team! You will have the opportunity to earn a basic salary between £21,000 - £23,000 per annum.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the accountants in your team by performing clerical tasks such as filing, handling mail, making phone calls, replying to emails and basic bookkeeping. You will also be responsible for supporting the production of sole trader accounts, partnership accounts, company accounts and management accounts.
Our client is a Chartered Accountancy practice based in the Southwest. With over a 70-year history they have built an in-depth knowledge of many sectors including agriculture, construction, education, healthcare, professional services and tourism.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Monitoring daily communications and answering queries
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct
- Recording and filing cash transactions
- Invoice processing and filing
- Processing expense requests for approval
- Liaising with third party providers, clients, and suppliers to resolve queries
- Assisting with administrative tasks that fall within the responsibility of the department including B10s,
- CS01 checks and account filing deadline emails to the department.
- Produce 64-8 online for authority to act
- Additional work when required by managers
- Preparing documents for managers/partners for client meetings
- Records control within the department - where we hold client records and make sure both the spreadsheet and client details are up to date.
- English Language - C English Literature - C - Mathematics - C
- Experience/Knowledge of accounts is desirable but not essential.
- Good Communication Skills
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, knowledge on how to use Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Teams
- Account's production software such as CCH desirable but not essential
- Ability to show initiative and work within a team.
- Ability to build good client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload in a timely manner whilst ensuring we exceed client expectations
£21,000 - £23,000 per annum
Monday - Friday
Flexible working hours 9am - 4pm
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- One day per week working from home
- Additional service days - ½ day holiday given for each year worked (capped at 25 days)
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Bonus payment for referring clients and staff
- Training bonuses paid for AAT, ACA and ACCA students
- Dress Down Friday
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- A social and professional network including local and firm wide events
- One professional subscription paid per year
- Enhance maternity leave
- Wellbeing Team
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Temoor on (phone number removed).
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion