Charles Taylor Assistance is a global provider of integrated medical and security assistance, claims handling, pre-travel advice, medical screening and travel risk management. With offices on the UK's south coast and Mallorca, Spain, we manage over 50,000 assistance cases every year and have more than 47 years' experience of supporting a blue-chip client base.
For more information, please visit
To redirect received claims communications, set up new claims and maintain paper filing systems
- Assigning emails and scanned documents to the correct GoTrex claim.
- Creating new claims and referring them to the relevant teams
- Prioritising critical tasks to meet business and client SLAs
- Identifying complaints, compliments and communications of high importance and escalating to the correct area of the business,
- Filing documents within correct day box as indicated on GoTrex claims.
- Retrieving for review or return of Documents as requested by Claim's handlers.
- Replacing files in the appropriate place.
- Claim forms to be issued where appropriate.
- Running of reports to close claims and reassigning tasks.
- Transporting and re-filing of claims post across the site.
- Completing any other tasks as may reasonably be required, to support the business needs.
- Managing and maintaining any relevant team task loads, including tasks and emails within systematic
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- At all times act as a positive role model supporting the delivery of emergency medical assistance through your performance.
- Promote proactive, effective communication with customers', to identify their immediate medical assistance needs and where possible, provide assistance using best working practice methods, otherwise escalation to the correct skill role who can.
- Ensure customer centric philosophy is adopted and practised through your actions.
- Identifying, understanding and ensuring that actions are taken, where a customer has raised an expression of dissatisfaction (EOD) or complaint and ensure efficient and effective action taken.
- Ensure your work activities are correct and in line with internal and client philosophies, working practice, limitations of policy terms.
- Protection of insurer client liability with the identification and escalation of claims where fraud is suspected to SIS.
- Protection of client indemnity spend, by following internal cost saving processes and Identifying cost savings and cost saving initiatives for all clients of the business
- Ensure that action is immediately taken to resolve any issues arising from internal quality and technical audit of your work.
- All communications into the business are acknowledged, answered or completed in accordance with agreed service levels (SLA) at all times.
- Ensure proactive, effective communication with customers and internal and external resources to capture data and information to enable the processing of claims in an efficient manner.
- Identifying and understanding policy terms and conditions to process a claim efficiently, promptly and within the agreed terms.
- Manage and deliver completion of all required task within Medical Emergency Assistance activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements, both individually and in a team unit with particular emphasis on:
- Identification of daily task content and prioritisation to achieve service level
- Balance volume of work activity and delivery of quality, right first-time performance
- Think to the finish philosophy to ensure that next steps are understood and taken
- Assist other areas of the business when required.
- Ensure customer service experiences throughout the operation are always market-leading and consistent.
- Ensure compliance with client and regulatory requirements within the scope of the role.
- The individual should have a good standard of education and be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- A good standard of education in Mathematics, Geography, modern languages and/or Information technology beneficial.
- In addition to the Key Role responsibilities as detailed, competences are:
- Having a flexible approach to work
- Being self-motivated
- Being proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Able to work within a team and individual, with ability to work autonomously, managing personal workflow and priorities
- Able to communicate proficiently in verbal and written media and deliver clear and well understood message.
Why join Charles Taylor?
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the yearEqual Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor, we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.