Summary: The main responsibility of an Account Manager at NFP is looking after a portfolio of clients, providing administrative support and taking ownership of all areas of client service delivery, working in partnership with the relevant Consultant to provide outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gathering information - liaise with product providers, human resources, other third parties as well as conducting client research consisting of in-depth analysis of many different types of financial contracts
· Client servicing - respond promptly to client enquiries, in line with agreed levels of service, regarding their existing arrangements, renewals and any changes in circumstances, including scheduling of renewals and re-enrolment dates
· Implementing new clients - supporting Consultants to onboard new clients ensuring the benefit package meets the clients needs and all reports / market analysis / account manager process guides / summary of benefits are produced within agreed timeframes
· Teamworking - work in conjunction with the relevant Consultant to ensure that client expectations are exceeded in terms of the service levels and information provided
· Adhere to NFP Standards - work in line with the agreed minimum standards and process guides for Account Management to ensure that all clients receive outstanding customer service.
· Account development/new business generation - generate market intelligence and key information regarding potential new opportunities to develop clients and increase the NFP portfolio ensuring this information is promptly recorded and passed onto the relevant person
· Updating system - keep the back-office system up to date with client information and provider contacts to ensure that high levels of customer service are delivered. Ensuring that all commission/fee expectation information is recorded correctly and in line with the NFP minimum standards
· Attending client meetings/conference calls both with consultants and individually as appropriate
· Client reviews - producing detailed policy summaries, recommendation reports and portfolio valuations for client review meetings ensuring appropriate sign off has been obtained and clients receive the most up to date and relevant information and guidance
· Compliance - ensuring that all activities are fully compliant to protect client interests and NFP
· Technical expertise - ensure knowledge is refreshed and up to date concerning products, liaising with Head of Risk as well as Providers
· Professional development/CPD - keep up to date with professional development, including working towards the relevant qualifications and recording this in the correct manner
· Train and mentor new starters - be part of the team to support new members, allowing them to shadow work and offering expertise and insights into clients, how we work and the external market
· Management Information - provide accurate and clear management information to AM Team Leader as required
Display a positive attitude and behaviors, demonstrating an awareness and willingness to respond to customers to exceed their needs, requirements and expectations. A passion for delivering customer service excellence, going over and above.
Able to express themselves clearly and positively, both verbally and in written communication. Excellent listening skills, always checks administrative work.
Excellent organiser - including time management and prioritisation
Prioritises customer needs above all else. Manages own time effectively and able to manage the expectations of other stakeholders regarding delivery timescales.
Works at a fast pace but doesn't sacrifice attention to detail, enjoys being busy.
Capable of developing innovative solutions for clients using knowledge and research skills as well as liaising across teams to deliver solutions. Brings new ideas to the table.
Education and/or Experience:
BA or BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.