PROJECT MANAGER (ELECTRO-MECHANICAL PRODUCTS / SYSTEMS)HYBRID JOB BASED FROM HOME AND INVERKEITHINGEXCELLENT SALARY AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
Have you ever wanted to work for a company doing something truly incredible, disruptive and working for the greater good of planet Earth? Well, here is your chance. ESS Recruit's client is a fast growing innovative Agritech SME changing how the world does farming. They have two go to market products, one that facilitates optimum plant growth indoors and a supplementary smart lighting array that can be used in support of farming and for other in and outdoor lighting requirements.
Employing over 180 staff between facilities in Dundee, Fife and one in Edinburgh, this business is set for rapid growth worldwide. To continue their drive towards full commercialisation and global roll out of product(s) they now need to recruit a Project Manager.
Reporting into the Programme Manage, the Project Manager be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of engineering projects related to our innovative vertical farming system. The successful candidate will co-ordinate a cross functional team spanning multiple disciplines e.g., Research, Data, Hardware and Software Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer Support to deliver complete products. Key metrics will include delivering against customer/market requirements, time-to-market and managing project budgets. Key responsibilities include:
- End to end co-ordination of technical projects from customer requirements to release
- Lead cross functional project teams to achieve project goals (Engineering, Customer Support, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Product management, Sales)
- Create, track and manage project plans for on-time product delivery to global markets
- Create, track and manage project budgets and resource plans
- Co-ordination of product testing and global regulatory compliance (e.g. CE, UL)
- Tracking to completion of all project deliverables and user documentation
- Contribute to the development of engineering process and quality management systems
- Co-ordination of prototype and preproduction builds
- Assist in ongoing product improvement and cost reduction
- Managing subcontractors engaged in full and semi-custom designs
The successful candidate is educated to degree calibre in a technical, engineering, scientific discipline (mechanical or electrical / electronic engineering preferred). Given the nature of the products and projects, you will need to come from a strong engineered product development / design engineering type background. Typically, you will have been involved in NPI / NPD, product development or product re-engineering projects.
This will suit aspiring or experienced Project Engineers / Managers with a technical background in one or more related engineering disciplines: Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Controls / Systems. You will have a high level understanding of the underlying technologies including: Industrial Automation systems, robotics, control Systems, HVAC, LED & drivers, sensors, wireless communication systems.
Make no mistake IGS is focused on helping provide alternative options to feed large parts of the world and we are creating a highly inclusive, empowered, constructive challenging and team driven culture. However, we are still a business and people like you deserve to be well rewarded for your passion, energy, commitment and effort. Wherever your base salary lands in the business your core benefits include; 7 weeks' holiday, solid Pension, opt in for Private Health Care, company sick pay, Income Protection, Life Assurance x 4 of basic salary, Lifestyle & Recognition benefits and personal development/training funding.Bruce Hydes is now part of the IGS team working in-house part time please apply to him in the first instance.