Tax departments today face more challenges than ever before. Against the backdrop of these, the challenges, the top issue on the minds of tax and finance directors, is how to operate efficient and effective tax departments.
In our Tax Technology and Transformation team you'll get the opportunity to use and build upon your experience in strategy and process consulting; data management; implementation of tax IT systems and building tax requirements into ERPs and finance processes to help our clients manage the strategic as well as practical, everyday issues of operating and improving the performance of their tax departments. Your key responsibilities
- Develop tax technology plans with goals, build and deployment strategies and performance measurements for our clients
- Assist with creating and developing high-impact tools and materials to support the varied client work and assignments across TTT such as thought leadership, diagnostics, internal user guides and blueprints
Skills and attributes for success Candidates would ideally have a range of the below skills, however not all are essential
- Support a variety of client projects, from working on tax operating model design to deploying the latest AI tools for client tax processes.
- Think commercially focusing on understanding client issues and pain points and assisting in developing cost effective solutions across process, people, data and technology
- Review and record clients' processes, systems & pain points with a focus on spotting blockers, analysing root causes & advising on/ implementing solutions
- Manipulate and analyse client data using technology and designing insightful dashboards to present insights in an easy-to-understand and client friendly manner
- Develop an awareness of the capabilities and client use cases within key technologies (e.g. MS Power Platform, Alteryx, etc.) to help identify and define automation opportunities on client projects
- Supporting and leading the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- A good understanding of tax compliance & tax reportingStrong and motivated team player
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience of interest self-development and independent learning with technology
- Experience of presenting to clients and senior external stakeholders
- Knowledge of key technology tools (MS Power Platforms, Alteryx or similar)
- Experience in the profession and be interested in specialising in one or more of the following areas:
- Tax compliance and reporting
- Accounting and finance
- Design and/or implementation of finance or tax technology solutions
Ideally, you'll also have
- Finance or tax performance improvement
- Preferably be ACA/CTA or other local equivalent qualifications
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
What we look for
- Experience of managing large and complex projects
Our services are different from other tax advisory services and typical assignments that you may get involved with include:
- Tax Data Management- improving the quality of data received by the tax function, and implementing software tools to make the processing and reporting of tax data more efficient
- Provisioning and tax reporting solutions- implementing software solutions along with process and controls re-design that support the automating of effective global tax provisioning and reporting processes.
- Insourcing/Outsourcing- developing models for all or portions of the tax compliance and reporting needs of a company
- Workflow & information management- setting up processes and technology tools to provide greater control over global tax deadlines and risks in a more efficient manner
- Tax Function Diagnostic and Benchmarking- assessing the tax function against leading practices to identify and prioritise areas of improvement.
The work requires you to work closely with our clients' businesses so you'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of finance or tax performance improvements methodologies having an understanding of ERP software (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft). Specific experiences which are not mandatory; however would benefit applicants include:
- Experience of applying your technology skills and knowledge either as part of a client project, business development or to help improve the team's internal ways of working.
What working at EY offers
- You work well with limited supervision, manage your time well, are a good communicator and manage your deadlines.
- You enjoy working with other team members, learn from their experience and pass on your knowledge and experience.
- You enjoy working with junior team members and helping them in the development of their skills and achieving their goals.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.