- SEN Support Assistant
- School in Leeds
- Temp-Perm opportunities
Teaching Personnel have been approached by a school in Leeds who are seeking SEN Support Assistants to add to their growing team.
The senior leadership team are keen to appoint dynamic people who are seeking a career within supporting those who require extra support. The pupils at this school will have various SEN needs including SEMH difficulties, MLD, physical disabilities, Autism and other complex needs.
The school would be interested in a candidate who has previous experience supporting children who display challenging behaviours. They would also consider applications from Sports Coaches, Carers, Residential support workers, Youth Workers and those with the experience within the Prison system or the Military.
General duties include:
• Supervise the pupils on a 1:1 and/ or small group basis
• Successfully work alongside other staff members
• Provide one-to-one advice or group support sessions
• Support/ lead leisure and creative activities in a safe and supportive setting
• Help residents to deal with problems and promoting independence when appropriate
• Regularly liaise with pupils families and arrange family and home visits
The school are looking for candidates who:
- Are patient
- Have a caring disposition
- Can set clear and respectable boundaries
- Are energetic
- Encourage pupils to engage in every activity
- Are able to reinforce positive behaviour
If this sounds like a role which you are interested in, please apply ASAP and speak to the West Yorkshire SEN Branch.