Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting a Senior Helpdesk operator (ICT)
for our leading Public Sector client Education Authority Northern Ireland, Belfast, within the ICT school support department
Typical Duties will Include: -
- Resolution of IT Service desk calls. Assessing the call and using problem solving skills to resolve the issue for the user or where necessary assign or escalate the call to the most suitable IT officer.
- Setup and issue of computers to staff including installation of any required software.
- Supporting users and computers operating in a network environment.
- Assist with setup of computers across multiple sites as required.
- Update and maintain user and computer accounts on Active Directory as well as maintain records associated with assets management.
- Identify and organise re-deployable computers for disposal scheme or defunct computers for secure scrappage.
- Check backups of critical systems daily and maintain the accompanying register.
- Assist with the design, review and update of IT Support Service procedures and forms.
- Liaise with various external maintenance contractors.
- Monitor systems to ensure most efficient operation.
- Test and evaluate software as required.
- To carry out any required daily administration duties.
- Any other duties as required by the ICT Support Service.
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back office support and mentoring
- Ability to work across school admissions teams in all admissions regions across NI.
- No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The rate of pay is £10.70
per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.If you would like to apply for this role, please call Natasha at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on or email your CV via the `Apply` link.