Based in Tunbridge Wells, this is an excellent opportunity to join a major global retailer as an Assistant Store Manager that will offer ongoing opportunities and amazing career progression. Customers are the most important part of this business and they invest heavily in staff to offer customer service that is friendly, helpful and insightful. This role is pivotal and will assist the Manager in taking a customer focused and commercial approach to the running of the store.Responsibilities
- Organising work and makes decisions, providing advice and support to others and setting and reviewing tasks to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Working alongside and developing others and recognising individual and team success.
- Consistently exceeds customer expectations and encourages and supports others to improve service standards within the store.
- To produce a Monthly Marketing Report for the Sales and Marketing Director, in the absence of the Manager.
- To reconcile store accounts on a daily basis, assisting with the regular banking
- To ensure that customers are regularly invoiced and to assist with taking appropriate action where payment has not been received, accurately maintain customer records.
- Produce weekly and monthly financial and marketing reports in accordance with Head Office requirements, in the absence of the Manager.
- Manage the receipt and sale of merchandise stock.
- Maintain positive and harmonious employee relations within the store.
- Assist with the training and development of other employees
- Communicate information to other employees in order to keep them updated of changes and developments within the Company.
- Follow up all customer enquiries with appropriate marketing information. To handle all customers in a calm and professional manner
- Demonstrates awareness of competitor activity, actively supporting the promotion of the store and proposing suggestions and encouraging ideas from others
- Gives guidance and support to assist in the development of others, providing feedback on performance and ensuring individual praise and encouragement
- Continually reviews own performance and requests feedback whilst seeking opportunities to take on new learning.
- Excellent retail experience, ideally within a team management / assistant manager position
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a "can do" attitude, leading by example
- Possesses strong listening skills with a genuine desire to help others and learn
- Is customer service-oriented and has a good understanding of business management
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and consistency with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Has a desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas
- Demonstrates a strong commercial awareness and resourcefulness
- Competitive annual salary of £25,626 + Quarterly Bonus of up to 25%
- Realistic annual salary of £29,000
- 21 days holiday, rising to 25 after length of service
- Excellent Pension
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social events (i.e. Budgets in place by area and company Xmas party)
- Volunteer day off each year
Can all applicants please apply attaching an up to date CV.