MTrec's new career opportunity
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Engineering Team Leader to work in a rewarding role based in the Tyneside area. If you are motivated, have good man management skills and have a multi skilled mechanical bias background this role will be suited to you.The Job you'll do
- Ensure timely and effective remedial repairs are delivered to production.
- Develop and deliver an effective PPM equipment schedule.
- Ensure professional repair standard adherence and compliance with all H&S legislation requirements.
- Effectively deploy, manage and support engineering team.
- Identify and procure cost effective components
- Control and manage monthly expenditure to prescribed fiscal levels
- Identify and deliver minor building remedial works - direct and indirect.
- Ensure statutory compliance is delivered - Fire Manual routines, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Internal and External Audits etc.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene to Engineering areas to ensure food safety standard compliance.
- Identify and implement minor project initiatives to completion.
- Promote, develop, implement initiatives raised through CI process.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with site Capital expenditure requirement proposals and implementation.
- Determine staff training needs, internal/external as required to ensure staff are
- Fully trained to fulfil their roles.
- Initiate statutory refresher training as required.
- Responsible for the timely individual appraisal of their engineering staff/team.
- Responsible for staff management including records, attendance and discipline.
- Effectively communicate and brief staff regarding company issues developments and instructions.
- Ensure appropriate levels of component stock are maintained.
- Deliver best value for money through a system of competitive tendering.
- Identify and procure cost effective components.
The Rewards and Benefits
- Experienced Maintenance Engineer who has team leading experience.
- Time served/HNC qualified Multi skilled Engineer with a mechanical bias.
- Strong understanding of HSE procedures ensuring everybody complies at all times.
- Minor project and continuous improvement delivery experience would be beneficial.
- Equipment spares procurement/repair budget system control experience.
- Permanent role.
- Competitive pay.
- Staff parking.