Venn Group have been contacted to recruit a Financial Accountant working for a large NHS organisation in London. The client is looking to bring in a dynamic interim member or staff to support on the below duties:Financial Accountant
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the Financial Controller during the year-end process
- Assisting in producing the monthly statutory Performance Financial Reporting (PFR) returns to NHS England in accordance with NHS guidance and deadlines
- Managing the Trust's Treasury Management systems and ensure production of timely and accurate cash flow forecasts
- Ensuring all Balance Sheet control accounts are reconciled and reviewed promptly
- Overseeing the reconciliation of statutory salary deductions
- Managing the losses & special payments register and to challenge the claimant to ensure genuine claims, initiate payments, reconcile to losses account and provide information for annual accounts
- Working together with NHS SBS team on VAT compliance and to submit monthly VAT returns to HMRC within the stipulated deadline
- Propose, update and implement changes to routine procedures and control to ensure efficient use of time and completion to deadlines (monthly board report, monthly PFR returns and year end close down)
Essential skills or knowledge requirements:
- A basic understanding of the UK healthcare system
- Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and NHS Finance policies.
- Well-developed IT skills with ability to use full range of relevant financial software
- Knowledge and understanding of VAT recovery within the NHS
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel and Word
- Good analytical skills and an ability to evaluate and monitor progress against monthly targets
- Ability to communicate financial issues to non-finance staff and answer any questions effectively
- Experience in financial accounts function
- Capable of working to achieve agreed objectives (meeting deadline) using own initiative
- Significant experience in financial accounting
- Significant experience of year end close-down, particularly in relation to final accounts
- Experience of presenting management information and reporting periodic financial information to non-financial managers
- Experience of developing and implementing new systems and procedures and guiding other staff on implementation
- Experience of analysing problems and identifying solutions
- Previous experience of working at a senior level; i.e. reporting to senior management on financial issues.
- Prior staff management experience
- Coaching/Training Non Finance staff
This would be an ideal role for a candidate who is looking for a career within the NHS finance sphere. The successful candidates MUST
have financial accounting experience and be happy to travel on-site. This a Band 7 role and is temporary for 3 months + with 2 - 3 days working from home.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Andrew Quinn or DaiyanRashid.