Workshop Manager - Manchester - £37,000 - £40,000 pa.
Clemence Rogers are recruiting for an experienced Workshop Manager preferably from a HGV background to join an established HGV dealership in Manchester. The primary function of this role is to manage the general day to day running of the workshop. This would include liaising with the primary customer to ensure maximum satisfaction and fleet efficiency, ensure vehicle services and repairs are carried out to the highest standard whilst managing and motivating a great team of people. In return you will receive £37,000 - £40,000 salary, 28 day holiday including bank holidays. Monday to Friday 0700h to 1700h.
As the Workshop Manager you will be responsible for:
• Ordering of parts to ensure turnaround times in the VMU are managed efficiently
• Stock management and improvement of the existing stores area.
• Ensure the workshop is kept in a clean fit state to work within and that any used materials and parts are then stored or allocated correctly by all team members.
• Liaise with the primary customer to ensure maximum satisfaction and fleet efficiency.
• Set expectations of the customer and actively update them of any deviations such as awaiting parts or delays to the job.
• Motivate the team to complete both paper and electronic documentation in a timely manner in order to satisfy both the customer and supply the Workshop Administrator with material to invoice.
• Manage the workshop loading to minimise the use of sub-contractors.
• Lead by example with regards to Health and Safety, provide feedback to the team where needed and ensure Health and Safety processes are followed. Working with the Depot Manager, identify and address any persistent failings by the team.
• Manage the incoming work from the customer and build the workshop job packs, updating the workshop loading sheet to ensure clear communication for the Workshop Supervisors
• To ensure vehicle servicing and repairs are carried out to the highest quality standard.
• To maximise workshop productivity and the effective use of labour.
• To ensure all work is completed safely and complies with Retailer, manufacturer, and industry standards.
As the Workshop Manager you will have the following:
• Main Dealer Experience as a Workshop Controller.
• Able to communicate with staff clearly and concisely, be able to build excellent relationships with staff and customers and be able to instill a right first-time mentality in your staff.
• Being organised and have excellent Work Ethic is an absolute must for this role.
• An understanding of the importance in delivering fantastic Customer Service is essential.
• Highly skilled communicator, and able to work professionally with all areas of the business.
• All Administration work must be carried out correctly and to the highest standard.